By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Islamic State Group has claimed Responsibility for an Attack in Istanbul
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The Islamic State Group has claimed Responsibility for an Attack in Istanbul
WORLD NEWS

The Islamic State Group has claimed Responsibility for an Attack in Istanbul

Published: January 29, 2024
Share
SHARE

The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for an attack on a Roman Catholic church in Istanbul that killed one person. In a statement, they stated that “a group of Christian non-believers during their polytheistic ceremony” was attacked in the Church of Santa Maria in the Bujukdere neighborhood of Istanbul.

The announcement, along with photos of two attackers with rifles, was published on Amak, the Islamic State’s media.

Turkish Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya said two men he said were members of Islamic State had been arrested in connection with the attack. One of the suspects is from Tajikistan, and the other is from Russia.

Turkish authorities said one person was killed and no one was injured. Yerlikaya said police searched 30 locations and detained 47 people as part of the investigation into the attack, Beta news agency writes.

Photo ©️ Illustration

Rutte: Any Russian Attack on Baltics Will Trigger Devastating NATO Response
The House from “Home Alone” sold for over Five Million Dollars
Thousand gathered in Romania in Support of European Values ​​ahead of Elections
Confirmed Indictment against the Mamic Bothers
Trump Bans Entry to U.S. for Citizens of Several Countries
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article How much Money was “laundered” last Year in BiH?
Next Article A Suspect was arrested for the Murder of a Young Man in Sarajevo
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Oil prices are rising again: Is BiH threatened by a Shortage of Energy?
August 21, 2026
Exhibition of BiH Feature Film Posters until August 27 at Europe House Sarajevo
August 21, 2026
BiH National Basketball Team wins in warm-up Match against Poland
August 21, 2026
Gradiska Border Crossing: Open temporarily – indefinitely
August 21, 2026
24th CineLink Industry Days Awards held
August 21, 2026
Şerban: The Drama Has to Be Unaware of You, And You Need to Forget You Are in the Seat
August 20, 2026
Big Transfer: Ermedin Demirovic goes to Galatasaray for 20 Million Euros
August 20, 2026
Solomun returns to the Eternal Fire: Sarajevo ready for the great Music Spectacle
August 20, 2026
“Under Scrutiny” warns of the uneven Practice of Sanctioning the Abuse of Children for Political Purposes
August 20, 2026
Docu Press Corner: Personal Stories Between Reality and Memory
August 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?