By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The UN called on Sudan to prevent the Escalation of ethnic Violence
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The UN called on Sudan to prevent the Escalation of ethnic Violence
WORLD NEWS

The UN called on Sudan to prevent the Escalation of ethnic Violence

Published: April 17, 2024
Share
©️ UNHCR/Ala Kheir
SHARE

The United Nations (UN) Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) has called on Sudan, where conflicts have been going on for a year, to prevent an increase in ethnic violence and incitement of racial hatred.

In the statement of the Committee, the army and the Rapid Support Force (HDK) were called upon to cease hostilities. It was emphasized that further violations and abuses of international human rights must be stopped, especially acts of violence directed at people because of their ethnic origin.

It said the committee was shocked by reports of death, destruction and attacks coming from Sudan, and asked Sudan to prevent an increase in ethnic violence and incitement of racist hatred, as well as to address racist hate speech.

Since April 2023, Sudan has been wracked by fighting between the army, led by General Abdel Fatah al Burhan, head of the country’s ruling Sovereign Council, and the paramilitary Rapid Support Force.

Several Saudi- and US-brokered ceasefire agreements have failed to end the violence.

According to the UN, more than 13,000 people have lost their lives as a result of the conflict in Sudan, where the world’s largest displacement crisis has occurred, around eight million people have fled to other cities within the country, and two million people have fled to surrounding countries.

The war in Sudan started a year ago, and according to the United Nations, about nine million people have been internally displaced since then, while about a million people have left the country.

Thousands of people have been killed in a war that has been overshadowed by the conflicts in Gaza and Ukraine. The United Nations requested 2.7 billion dollars to finance humanitarian needs, but received 155 million dollars, which is only six percent of the requested amount.

The Sudanese army, led by General Abdel Fattah Burhan, is fighting the paramilitary Rapid Support Force, commanded by General Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo.

The United Nations has warned that the war will leave consequences for future generations. It is estimated that three million Sudanese children are malnourished, and about 19 million children do not attend school. A quarter of Sudanese hospitals no longer function.

Humanitarian organizations claim that women and children suffer the most in the conflict, Beta reports.

The Barbaric Family: We adopted two Children, and the Desire to have more of them has never stopped
Sarajevo Cantonal Court ordered Detention for Three Suspects of the Murder of Harris Osterdahl
Slovenian FM: It is important to help the Countries of the Western Balkans on their way to the EU
The German Government donated 2.9 million Euros to BiH Armed Forces
Musk says He’s not interested in Buying TikTok
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Savo Milosevic is no longer the Head Coach of BiH Football Team
Next Article The Americans took over 33 Percent of the Shares of Factory for Weapons Production in BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH Close to Returning to MONEYVAL Grey List
May 18, 2026
The Una River is a Symbol of Life and Natural Wealth
May 18, 2026
Discover the Forgotten Gates of Sarajevo: Secrets and the Influence of Austro-Hungarian Architecture
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Supported the 3rd International Coffee and Chocolate Fair in Tuzla
May 18, 2026
More than 30 Council of Europe Parliamentarians arrive in Sarajevo
May 17, 2026
The Museum of Literature and Theater Arts of BiH implements a Digital Library Project
May 17, 2026
New Law Makes Stay of Workers from BiH in Croatia Easier
May 17, 2026
34 Years Ago, Defenders of Sarajevo Thwarted Aggressors’ Hellish Plan
May 17, 2026
Academic Freedoms at Universities in BiH increasingly threatened by Political Pressures
May 17, 2026
BiH and Moldova Move Toward First-Ever Scheduled Air Links
May 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?