By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: US reports Death of the Deputy Leader of Hamas Military Wing
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > US reports Death of the Deputy Leader of Hamas Military Wing
WORLD NEWS

US reports Death of the Deputy Leader of Hamas Military Wing

Published: March 19, 2024
Share
SHARE

White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said last night that an Israeli strike killed Marwan Issa, the deputy leader of the military wing of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, who helped plan the attack on Israel on October 7 last year.

Israel and Hamas have not yet confirmed this, and Sullivan did not say how US intelligence concluded he was killed, and if confirmed, Issa would be the highest-ranking member of Hamas killed in Gaza since the war began. Israel has killed several Hamas leaders over the years, but they were quickly replaced and there was no apparent impact on the organization’s operations.

Sullivan told reporters in Washington that “Issa was killed in an Israeli operation last week.”

He was a deputy to Muhammad Deif, the leader of Hamas’s military wing, who was said to have survived several assassination attempts before.

The main leader of Hamas in Gaza, who is believed to have masterminded the October 7 attack that sparked the war, is Yahya Sinwar.

Both Sinwar and Deif are believed to be alive and hiding in Gaza, and Israel has vowed to kill them. Israeli leaders claim that more than 13,000 Hamas fighters have been killed since the start of the war, but have not provided evidence for this.

Gaza’s health ministry said on Monday that at least 31,726 Palestinians have been killed in an Israeli offensive since attacks by Palestinian extremists led by Hamas in southern Israel.

That ministry does not distinguish between killed civilians and combatants, but claims that the majority, two-thirds, of those killed are women and children, Beta news agency writes.

Defense Minister of Montenegro: Croatia cannot blackmail Montenegro
Éowyn, the Storm of the Century: Meteorologists Issue Red Alert
What is the Price of a Formula 1 Car which was part of Show in Sarajevo?
Kabiri: The Rhetoric of Hatred against the Jewish People in BiH must stop
Hague Convicts are still “Clean” in the Eyes of the Judiciary in BiH
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Bosnian-Palestinian Doctor Muhamed el Ran to arrive in Sarajevo after Israeli Captivity
Next Article Former PM of the Federation of BiH called the Prosecutors Mobsters and threatened them
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?