By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Will the BH Council of Ministers abolish the Export of Pellet?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BUSINESS > Will the BH Council of Ministers abolish the Export of Pellet?
BUSINESS

Will the BH Council of Ministers abolish the Export of Pellet?

Published: September 18, 2022
Share
SHARE

Snow fell in Slovenia, and the temperature dropped to -4 degrees Celsius. The first snowflakes were also recorded in Croatia, and it is a matter of days or hours when the snow will turn Bosnia and Herzegovina white.

Therefore, winter is just around the corner, which is why the biggest concern of BiH citizens how they will welcome the winter, how they will be warmed and how much money they have to allocate for these purposes. Electric heating is not favorable, this year it seems that pellet heating is even less so.

Compared to last year, a ton of pellets is twice as expensive. Currently, about 700 marks. At the same time, the manufacturer’s announcements are getting louder that it will cost up to a thousand marks, which would be a new, heavy blow to citizens’ already thin wallets. While they complain, producers also complain – because of the export ban, which is still in force.

And the ban on the export of pellets and firewood is valid until September 24. Until then, the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina should possibly extend that decision for the next three months. This is the wish of the citizens, and the request of the producers is the opposite.

“When 31.12. enable us to export, to whom will we export? In Europe, they either bought blankets or got some alternative. No wood is bought in January. So, this tree is doomed if the ban is extended,” points out Sulejman Šušić, director of the company Biobnrik Sanski Most.

“If the ban on exports is not extended, if exports start from September 24, it is to be expected that there will not be enough pellets on the domestic market. In that situation, the price at which the pellet is sold will not matter at all, it will only matter that it is there. And if the ban is extended until the end of the year, as the Government of the Federation proposed to the Council of Ministers, we can expect that there will be enough pellets and that the price will not change compared to the current one – 700-750 marks per ton”, says Muhamed Helać, manager of the company Drvosjeca .

“As for the stocks themselves, which is mentioned in the public, it is mostly not true. I can’t guarantee that some manufacturers don’t have stock, which, I can say, is also legitimate. However, in the last two weeks I have visited a dozen manufacturers who are out of stock. As soon as the pellets leave production, they are loaded into trucks and go to the market,” says Goran Ivanović, president of the Association of Pellet Producers in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The Returnee Marko Misic died after being brutally beaten
Nomination for UNESCO: Monuments of the Jewish Cemetery, sleeping Lions guarding Sarajevo
EU allocates more than Half Million Euros for Prosecutor’s Office
How Bosnian Zlatana Sarkinovic found herself in Volvo AD?
World Bank: Growth of 2.8 % predicted for BiH in 2016
TAGGED:#BiH#bosnia#pellet#winter
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Temporary Suspension of Traffic Today in Sarajevo
Next Article Over 15,000 “Let’s do it” Volunteers cleaned Forty Locations in BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?