By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Wizz Air is Continuing to suspend Operations from Cities in the former Yugoslavia
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BUSINESS > Wizz Air is Continuing to suspend Operations from Cities in the former Yugoslavia
BUSINESS

Wizz Air is Continuing to suspend Operations from Cities in the former Yugoslavia

Published: September 14, 2020
Share
SHARE
Wizz Air is continuing to suspend operations from cities in the former Yugoslavia with the list of temporarily cancelled routes surpassing forty. The latest markets to be affected include Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. The airline now plans to shelve its flights from Skopje to Salzburg until March 2021. In addition, the resumption of some fifteen routes from the Macedonian capital, planned for late September, have been pushed back until October. The budget airline is also cutting its operations between Vienna and Podgorica, just a month after their launch. The final service of the year is scheduled for September 19, with flights to resume on March 30, 2021. Furthermore, the carrier will temporarily discontinue services between Malmo and Niš on September 19, which will be restored on March 30 of next year, Ex-Yu Aviation news reports.
As previously reported, all markets in the region have been impacted by Wizz Air’s reduction in operations. So far, Skopje remains the airline’s most affected base in the former Yugoslavia, followed by Tuzla. Wizz Air has warned it may have to “park planes” to preserve cash as the coronavirus crisis wreaks havoc on the industry during the leaner winter months. The airline also said that if ongoing travel restrictions continue over the next three months, it will fly at 60% capacity rather than the 80% previously guided. Despite suspending over forty routes in the former Yugoslavia, Wizz Air has opened ten new bases across Europe over the past few months, launched dozens of new routes and has not deferred aircraft deliveries.
Commenting on the latest developments, Wizz Air’s CEO, Jozsef Varadi, said, “It is a difficult time for the whole industry and certainly we are not immune to the situation. Clearly, this has become kind of a rollercoaster, so we are seeing markets and countries going up and down. This is a hardship and a time to get very focused in order to get through this situation”. Mr Varadi added, “We are going up and down [with the markets] at the same time. We are very focused at managing the situation as it unfolds every day but at the same time, we keep an eye on our future”.
Former Prime Minister of Bosnia-Herzegovina Zlatko Lagumdzija writes Letter of Support to People of China
Which Football Club in BiH was ranked the best at the end of 2016?
Bosnian Security Minister: Sarajevo International Airport should be closed immediately
ArcelorMittal: The Strike does not benefit Anyone
German Delegation of Heilbonn-Franken Region on Visit to Mostar
TAGGED:#airline#Balkans#BiH#tourism#travel#wizzair
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Eleven new Cases of Coronavirus Infection have been confirmed in Sarajevo
Next Article 1.6 Million Euros worth Courthouse opened in Trebinje
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Collective Funeral to Five Mountaineers to take Place in Zenica
August 18, 2026
Docu Corner: Powerful Films Exploring Family Histories and True Human Destinies
August 18, 2026
Writer and Columnist Vedrana Rudan passes away
August 18, 2026
BiH unlocks €140.5 Million in EU Grants following Completion of IPA III Ratification
August 18, 2026
EUFOR Announces Annual Quick Response Exercise
August 18, 2026
Anwar Hashimi: This is a Film about the Fight for Equality
August 18, 2026
Wizz Air to introduce Three New Lines from BiH’s Capital
August 18, 2026
BiH is still without a System for extinguishing Large Fires
August 18, 2026
Woody Harrelson arrives in Sarajevo
August 18, 2026
EVERYTIME Press Conference: Film That Erases the Boundaries of Reality and Fiction
August 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?