By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: 32 families in Prijedor receive new homes built by EU-funded Regional Housing Programme
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BH & EU > 32 families in Prijedor receive new homes built by EU-funded Regional Housing Programme
BH & EU

32 families in Prijedor receive new homes built by EU-funded Regional Housing Programme

Published: August 12, 2021
Share
SHARE

32 internally displaced and returnee families in Prijedor were handed the keys to their new homes today, offering them stability and security for the future, after years of living in temporary accommodation. The homes were built as part of the Regional Housing Programme, a joint initiative of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia supporting peace, stability and reconciliation in the region. The EU is the biggest donor to this programme, providing 234 million euros, which represents over 80% of the total programme budget.

“Finally, the time when I get an apartment has arrived. I moved from Ključ and was displaced for over twenty years. I am thankful to the City of Prijedor and everyone involved in building this facility,” said Gojko Avramović, one of the programme beneficiaries.

The keys to the new homes in Prijedor were handed over by Krassimir Nikolov, Chargé d’Affaires of the Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Miloš Lučić, Minister for Human Rights and Refugees of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ljubo Ninković the Acting Director of the Republika Srpska Secretariat for Refugees and Displaced Persons and Dalibor Pavlović, Mayor of Prijedor.

Krassimir Nikolov, Chargé d’Affaires of the Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina underscored that these homes are a tangible symbol of the EU’s support for some of Bosnia and Herzegovina’s most vulnerable families. “Refugees and internally displaced people who have been living for too long in temporary accommodation will now have a place they can call their own. I am very pleased with the results we achieved so far. Challenges remain for vulnerable families, including access to education, social services and employment opportunities. But, with the right support in Bosnia and Herzegovina, including from friends in the international community, we can make a difference,” said Nikolov.

Over twenty-five years after the war ended, around 8,500 persons still live in 156 Collective Centres or Alternative Accommodation across Bosnia and Herzegovina. As part of the Regional Housing Programme, around 1,800 housing units have been delivered to date in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The final target is for more than 3,000 housing units to be constructed by the end of 2023. Bosnia and Herzegovina is making good progress in the implementation of the programme and this represents a positive example of how different levels of authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina can work together to achieve results.

Milos Lučić, Minister of Human Rights and Refugees of Bosnia and Herzegovina said, “I am honoured to share the happiness and joy of these families who are finally moving into permanent homes. Twenty-six years later, we still have displaced families all over the country and we are working to solve that. The pandemic has not stopped our work within the Regional Housing Programme, and in the last year we have signed new projects worth 25 million euros and contracts with suppliers.” 

The BiH Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees is the lead institution in terms of implementing the Regional Housing Programme, and has entrusted the implementation of sub-projects to the Federal Ministry of Displaced Persons and Refugees, the Republika Srpska Secretariat for Displaced Persons and Migration, and the Department for Displaced Persons, Refugees and Housing Issues of the Government of 

District Supervisor, Michael Scanlan met with Representatives of the District Authorities
Second OSCE Conference concluded in Banja Luka
Importance of Further Progress of BIH to the EU
The Commission noted positively the good Results BiH has achieved in the EU’s Research and Innovation framework Programme
EU welcomes the Declaration adopted by the BiH Presidency
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Bulgaria donates 50.000 Doses of Vaccines to BiH
Next Article SFF presents Online Platform for Watching Movies
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?