By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Closing Arguments completed: Verdict to Ratko Mladic in November 2017
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Closing Arguments completed: Verdict to Ratko Mladic in November 2017
OTHER NEWS

Closing Arguments completed: Verdict to Ratko Mladic in November 2017

Published December 16, 2016
Share
SHARE

Witness in Ratko Mladic Case Died jutarnji.hrRatko Mladic’s defense has again urged judges of the Hague Tribunal that Mladic gets freed of all charges, rejecting the claim that prosecutors have proven him as being guilty.

“In all aspects of the case, prosecutors have failed to prove the criminal responsibility of General Mladic,” said, at the end of closing arguments, Mladic’s lawyer Dragan Ivetic, as reported by BIRN-Justice Report.

This ended Mladic’s Hague process that began in May 2012. Judges will now work on the verdict, whose pronouncement is planned for November 2017.

Mladic, as commander of the Army of Republika Srpska (VRS), is charged with genocide in Srebrenica, persecution of Muslims and Croats which, in some municipalities, reached a scale of a genocide, terrorizing civilians in Sarajevo with long-lasting shelling and sniping and taking UNPROFOR members as hostages.

In response to the arguments of the prosecution, defense counsel Ivetic said that Mladic must be released because “defended cities were not only Sarajevo and Srebrenica, but all sites in the municipalities that were defended by armed forces, refusing to open those cities”.

Speaking about accusation regarding the genocide in Srebrenica, the defense counsel argued that prosecutors “do not know when the meeting of Mladic and his associates took place,“ on which, as they claim, it was decided to kill the Muslim prisoners.

According to the accusation, that meeting occurred in the night between 11th and 12th of July 1995 and then “they had to decide” about the killing.

The defense has sought to distance Mladic from orders, according to which in September 1995, he approved that five tons of fuel get used for engineering works in Zvornik, that is, according to the prosecutors, to move mass graves in an attempt to cover up the crime in Srebrenica.

Denying that Mladic knew what was in that document, Ivetic said that “others could use his signature even if he did not know the content of the document.”

(Source: klix.ba)

BiH Border Police arrested 564 Individuals based on Warrants last Year

Anniversary of the Discovery of Mass Grave Tihotina marked 

Care For Roma Population

Interesting Story: Five Couples married at the Same Time in Sarajevo

BiH Institute issues an Orange Warning for Rain and Wind

TAGGED:#defense#Prosecution#verdictRatkoMladicThe Hague
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Sarajevo Winter Market opened! (Gallery)
Next Article Do you know what will be constructed on Trebevic soon?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Bosnia and Herzegovina Among the Worst in Europe for Corruption Perception
February 16, 2026
Muzaferija concluded her Olympic Performance and sent an important Message to State Institutions
February 16, 2026
Russia harshly criticized the ‘false’ Claims that Navalny was poisoned
February 16, 2026
EU and its Member States provide specialized Equipment to the BiH Border Police
February 16, 2026
Five Persons, including Minors, detained by the Police during Protests
February 16, 2026
The Citizens’ Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina Process Begins
February 16, 2026
Nihad Uk resigned from the Position of Prime Minister of Sarajevo Canton
February 15, 2026
Cantonal Court refuses to Order One Month Detention to Tram Driver
February 15, 2026
Third Protests in Sarajevo after Tram Accident
February 15, 2026
Bosniak Returnees near Foca without Electricity for More Than 30 Years after the War
February 15, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?