By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Court of BiH imposes Prohibition Measures on former State Minister
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Court of BiH imposes Prohibition Measures on former State Minister
POLITICS

Court of BiH imposes Prohibition Measures on former State Minister

Published: January 11, 2023
Share
SHARE

The Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina rejected the proposal to extend the detention of Miloš Lučić, the former Minister of State for Human Rights and Refugees, who is suspected of abuse of position or authority in connection with several corrupt criminal acts, and imposed prohibitive measures on him.

The BiH Prosecutor’s Office requested a two-month extension of custody of suspect Lučić, as they stated, due to well-founded fears that he could destroy, hide, alter or falsify evidence or influence witnesses.

“The Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina issued a decision rejecting as unfounded the proposal of the Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina and terminating the custody of the suspect Miloš Lučić determined by the Court’s decision of December 12, 2022,” it was confirmed by the Court for the Balkan Research Network of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIRN BiH).

Suspect Lučić must not leave his place of residence, and the Court’s decision restricts his movement to his home only. He was also given measures prohibiting him to travel outside BiH and a ban on meeting certain people.

“The suspect is prohibited from meeting and contacting in any way with other suspects in this criminal proceeding, as well as contacting the witnesses of the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH in connection with this criminal case, as well as with all employees of the Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees of BiH,” said the Court.

Former state minister Lučić was arrested in December last year on suspicion of abuse of office, embezzlement and fraud in the service, which caused damage to BiH budget funds and obtained illegal property benefits, the State Prosecutor’s Office announced earlier.

Federal Prime Minister reveals Topics Discussed with Matthew Palmer
State Department: The US values its Longstanding Friendship with BiH
Konakovic – Borg: OSCE will continue to provide support to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Press Conference of Zlatko Lagumdžija on the Occasion of Donors Conference
What has Dodik said at the Trial of Ratko Mladic?
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Member of BiH Presidency meets with the EUFOR Commander
Next Article Possible Decrease of Gas Price in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Slovenian Journalists expose Network of Suspicious Transactions behind Viaduct Affair
May 20, 2026
Minister Amidzic after the Opening of the New Border Crossing: Political Victory of Republika Srpska
May 20, 2026
Preparations underway for the Signing of the Southern Interconnection Agreement in Washington
May 20, 2026
Why It Is Impossible to Change the BiH Constitutional Court without Changing the State Structure
May 20, 2026
Lucic: Croats Will Fight for Their Entity or Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia If Their Rights Aren’t Met
May 20, 2026
BiH opens New Border Crossing for all International Passenger and Goods Traffic
May 20, 2026
Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?