By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: District Court in Banja Luka accepted the appeal of children from Vrbanjci
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > District Court in Banja Luka accepted the appeal of children from Vrbanjci
OTHER NEWS

District Court in Banja Luka accepted the appeal of children from Vrbanjci

Published: October 21, 2014
Share
SHARE

Parlament-djeca-Konjevic-poljeLegal representative of the parents of the children in Vrbanjci Haris Kaniža confirmed to FENA that the District Court in Banja Luka accepted the appeal of children from Vrbanjci in the case against the elementary school “Sveti Sava” in Kotor Varoš and RS and vacate the first instance decision in which their complaint was rejected as untimely.

The first instance court already determined that discrimination against the Bosniak children took place in that school and that they have the right to a national group of subjects but the Basic Court in Kotor Varoš said that the complaint was submitted untimely.

“The appellate court has now confirmed that discrimination took place and confirmed that children have the right to a national group of subjects but by our complaint it also adopted the stance that it was submitted timely and that this is a continuous violation of the rights of the Bosniak children,” Kaniža explained.

The Banja Luka District Court could not overturn the first instance verdict but it could vacate it and everything was returned to new proceedings.

“We will now ask the Basic Court to implement this as soon as possible,” the legal representative of the parents of the children from Vrbanjci said.

He stressed that he is satisfied with this solution of the Court in Banja Luka.

Representative of the parents of the Bosniak children Nedžad Selimović told FENA that they are satisfied with this second instance decision.

“This is positive news and we hope the rest of our problems will be positively solved,” Smajlović said.

He reiterated that they were ready to negotiate with the authorities in RS from day one and that this remains a constant.

Bosniak children from Vrbanjci began instructive lessons in Majlis of the Islamic Community in Vrbanjci.

Children enrolled in elementary school ‘Prvi mart’ in Jelah, where most of the teaching staff comes from to teach the children.

Bosniak pupils from Vrbanjci lost a school year last year because national group of subjects was not introduced, and their parents announced they would not give up fighting for their rights.

 

(Source;Fena)

Two Coronavirus Positive Persons died in Republika Srpska
Indictment issued against One Person for Help in Execution of Genocide in Srebrenica
You have to Engage Shippers if ordering over 50 BAM worth Goods from Internet?
Bugojno / Vrbanja: Marked 23rd Anniversary of the killing of 45 Bosniak Civilians
Celebration of Easter in BiH sends numerous important Messages
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The Bosnian Coffee: Not Just a Point of National Pride, it’s a Matter of Distinction
Next Article Sign Up for the 4th Cycle of the BIZOO Accelerator Program and Run Your Own Company!
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?