By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Dodik’s Defense Request to return the Trial to the beginning rejected
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Dodik’s Defense Request to return the Trial to the beginning rejected
POLITICS

Dodik’s Defense Request to return the Trial to the beginning rejected

Published: January 29, 2025
Share
SHARE

Judge Sena Uzunović rejected the request of the defense of Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik and acting director of the “Official Gazette” Miloš Lukić to read the indictment again and call witnesses, because, as she said, it was unfounded and would lead to a delay in the proceedings before the Court of BiH.

Uzunović said in her explanation that the defense had received audio recordings of the hearings at which evidence was presented and witnesses were heard.

She said that all witnesses were heard both directly and cross-examined.

Uzunović also listed how many times the hearings had been postponed, including those due to Dodik’s surgical intervention.

“That is why the trial could not proceed at the planned pace,” she said.

Attorney Goran Bubić said that in this case there is no whole process because the Prosecution was given the opportunity to present evidence regarding Annex 10 of the Dayton Peace Agreement throughout the summer and autumn.

Bubić said that during the reading of the indictment on February 5, 2024, the curtain was lowered, which prevented the public from hearing everything, and that this was one of the arguments for the request for a re-reading of the indictment.

Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik stated during the trial at the Court of BiH that the entire proceedings against him and the acting director of the “Official Gazette of Republika Srpska” Miloš Lukić were “full of inaccuracies and that his human rights were threatened in this process”.

Dodik assessed the conclusion of the Court of BiH that the defense wanted to delay this process as tendentious, and added that he had been exposed to public persecution the entire time, “especially because the expert witness was allowed to falsely accuse and discriminate against him and to abuse him”.

“You did not even accept the medical documentation about my surgery and health condition”, Dodik said, addressing Judge Sena Uzunović.

He asked “whether perhaps someone else wants to speed up this process for political reasons”.

In the continuation of the trial, witness Siniša Karan will be heard, who in the previous hearing presented his legal expertise on the constitutional and legal system of BiH and Republika Srpska.

 

Official Moscow: Inzko’s Move will cause an unprecedented Political Crisis
Director of CIA John O. Brennan arrives in Sarajevo!
Canada recognized Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Independence on April 7, 1992
Police banned the Chetnik Gathering announced in Bijeljina
Good Relations between Bosnia-Herzegovina and Montenegro in Field of Security
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Cvijanovic-Franges: It is important to have a Uniform Approach of the EU towards Everyone in BiH
Next Article Minister Hurtic: BiH is strongly committed to the protection and promotion of Human Rights
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BHRT seeks Protection of the Judiciary over Pressure on Judges
August 20, 2026
CineLink Docu Programme Awards
August 20, 2026
The Flag of BiH ceremonially raised in Taranto
August 20, 2026
BiH National Basketball Team plays against Poland
August 20, 2026
Ministry of Security – Competent Services are on the Move for Border Crossings in Gradiska
August 20, 2026
Răzmeriță: Elena was the First Woman I Ever Saw Driving a Car
August 20, 2026
Four People attacked Two Minors, forcing One to take off a T-shirt with a Lily Symbol
August 20, 2026
Honorary Heart of Sarajevo Awarded to Asghar Farhadi: It is a Great Moment for Me
August 20, 2026
Party of Democratic Action to submit an Appeal to the Constitutional Court
August 20, 2026
Lana Daher Awarded the Katrin Cartlidge Foundation Award
August 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?