By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Fake News about Death of War Criminal Ratko Mladic
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Fake News about Death of War Criminal Ratko Mladic
OTHER NEWS

Fake News about Death of War Criminal Ratko Mladic

Published: February 11, 2020
Share
SHARE

 

The news about the death of Ratko Mladic was recently posted on the Twitter profile of Foreign Minister of Bosnia-Herzegovina Bisera Turkovic, saying that she had received the information from Abdulqawi Ahmed Yusuf, President of the International Court of Justice (ICJ).

Minutes later, the news was denied.

Minister Turkovic said she does not have a Twitter profile at all, and Hague tribunal spokeswoman Helena Eggleston denied that war criminal Ratko Mladic had died.

Earlier, it was stated that Russia is ready to take all security measures and to treat former Republika Srpska Army Chief of Staff Ratko Mladic, who is in need of medical assistance because he is seriously ill in The Hague, a deputy spokesman of Russia in the UN Security Council Genadij Kuzmin explained.

He said at a UN Security Council session while discussing the Hague tribunal’s work report, that he hoped Mladic would be provided with the necessary medical assistance, Vecernje Novosti reports. In July, Kuzmin also told the UN Security Council that Russia is concerned about General Mladic’s health because there is no confirmation from independent sources that he is receiving adequate medical attention in The Hague detention facility.

At the time, he even stated that Russia would no longer pay money for the work of that international tribunal unless the situation with Mladic’s treatment changed. The general’s son, Darko Mladic, told Vecernje Novosti that a delegation of the Russian Duma had visited his father ten days ago and that they personally became convinced that he was not well.

“They visit him from time to time and, although they are not doctors, they can see that he is not well. His health has deteriorated significantly in recent weeks. We are concerned that all doctors have agreed so far that he needs treatment in hospital and not in detention, ”said Darko Mladic.

Ratko Mladic was sentenced to life imprisonment before the ICTY in The Hague in November 2017.

After six years of trial, the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) pronounced verdict to Mladic.

Mladic’s trial started back in May 2012 and lasted for more than four years. He was indicted for eleven counts of the indictment, including genocide and crimes against humanity as well as the violation of the laws and customs of war.

Mladic was also charged with committing the Srebrenica genocide, as well as terrorizing of citizens of Sarajevo and keeping the capital city of BiH under the siege.

Which Assets does the Member of BH Presidency Sefik Dzaferovic have?
Confusing Situation regarding Curfew in Canton Sarajevo
Budget Revision could provide Bosnia and Herzegovina with 250 million BAM
Presidency Member Covic met with Minister of FA Lajcak
Border between B&H and Serbia: Trucks with Humanitarian Aid stopped
TAGGED:#BiH#Hague#ICJRatkoMladic
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Musa: our main Goal is to qualify for the EURO 2020
Next Article Good Relations between Bosnia-Herzegovina and Montenegro in Field of Security
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Sarajevo Pride Returns as Organizers Invite Citizens to Decorate Balconies with Rainbow Colors
May 23, 2026
More than 200 Oldtimers in Mostar at one of the largest Gatherings of its kind in Europe
May 23, 2026
Wearing Jersey of BiH at the World Cup is a privilege that Generations Dream about
May 23, 2026
BiH FM at the GLOBSEC Forum: Preserve the Full Role of the OHR as a Key Factor in the Protection of the Constitutional Order
May 23, 2026
The Cost of Sour Grapes
May 23, 2026
GSS Prenj founds a Person who went Missing Four Days ago
May 23, 2026
EUFOR Chief of Staff Hosts Netherlands Marechaussee Deputy Commander
May 23, 2026
BiH Ministry of Defense and the BiH Armed Forces participate at the 66th international Military-Police Pilgrimage
May 23, 2026
Ambassador Arnaut spoke in the Bundestag about Cooperation, the Culture of Remembrance
May 23, 2026
Preparations for the World Cup begin: ‘Dragons’ gather in BiH’s Capital
May 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?