By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: “Leave or die” Warnings spark new Displacement in Gaza City
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > “Leave or die” Warnings spark new Displacement in Gaza City
WORLD NEWS

“Leave or die” Warnings spark new Displacement in Gaza City

Published: September 7, 2025
Share
SHARE

Streets across Gaza on Saturday were filled with families fleeing south, some crammed into cars, others on donkey carts, many walking with nothing but bags and blankets. Their destinations were the central and southern parts of the enclave. The reason for the tiring and uncertain journey was fear.

New Israeli warnings of expanded ground operations and attacks on residential buildings have sparked another exodus, reflecting the trauma of past forced displacements. Yet even as the convoys moved along the al-Rashid coastal road, some residents have chosen to remain in the city they call home.

“There is no option but to leave”

Abu Mohammed al-Dawoudi, 47, fled his home in Sheikh Radwan with his wife and seven children after days of shelling.

“We don’t feel safe anywhere anymore. Every hour another explosion, another tower collapses on the people inside,” he told Anadolu, adding:

“There is no choice but to flee or die. The Israeli army spares no one.”

Although he had no clear destination, al-Dawoudi gathered his family and headed south.

“Even if there is no shelter waiting, we have to try. Staying is no longer an option,” he said.

Nearby, Umm Rami, 38, was preparing to leave with her four children. Her husband loaded things onto a cart as they recalled the destruction of the Mushtah building on Friday.

“We are terrified that the rest of the towers will suffer the same fate,” she said, adding:

“We don’t know what awaits us in the south, but we know what it means to stay here.”

Fear and defiance

The exodus revealed a collective fear. Women held children, elderly men limped with canes, boys dragged suitcases under the shadow of drones overhead. Still, some families, tired of the endless displacement, insisted they would stay.

Ismail al-Thawabta, the director of the Gaza media office, warned that targeting buildings in the city of nearly a million people risks “catastrophic mass displacement.” Gaza City, he said, has more than 51,000 apartment towers and blocks.

“Humanitarian zones” under fire
On Saturday, the Israeli military ordered residents to evacuate “without inspection,” saying it was expanding its ground offensive as part of “Operation Gideon’s Chariot II” to occupy Gaza City.

It designated al-Mawasi, west of Khan Younis, as a “humanitarian zone,” saying it housed field hospitals and aid stations. But Palestinians who had fled there earlier said the area had been repeatedly bombed, killing civilians.

Aid groups warn that al-Mawasi lacks clean water, food, medicine and functioning hospitals, leaving families dependent on sporadic aid deliveries.

For many Gazans, the warnings feel like a vicious cycle: ordered to leave one area declared “unsafe,” pushed into another designated “safe,” only to have that place bombed as well.

700 Days of War

The genocide in Gaza entered its 700th day on Friday, with Israel killing at least 64,300 Palestinians. The military campaign has devastated the enclave and pushed it toward starvation.

Last November, the International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza.

Israel also faces genocide charges at the International Court of Justice over the war in the enclave, Anadolu Agency writes.

Ginkel: Will Hold Talks So That Construction Of The Southern Interconnection Can Begin In 2026
Trump says he could soon increase Tariffs on imported Cars
BiH in the Heart of London: Independence Day Marked in the UK Parliament for the Fifth Year in a Row
Why has the Wizz Air Plane suddenly changed direction over the Border between Croatia and BiH?
A strong Earthquake of 6.5 Magnitude hit Indonesia
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Hanka Paldum Stepped Onto the Diving Platform and Enchanted Mostar With Her Song
Next Article Red Bull Cliff Diving in Mostar: Iffland Clinches Ninth Title, Popovici Triumphs Too
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH Defense Minister Welcomes U.S. Congressmen Self and Subramanyam
May 24, 2026
These Are the Most Significant Decisions Christian Schmidt Will Be Remembered For
May 24, 2026
US Congressmen met with the President of Republika Srpska
May 24, 2026
Two Different Projects, the Same Goal: Bosnians Present Innovations in the Heart of New York
May 24, 2026
Sipovic Sisters win Bronze Medals at the European Senior Karate Championships
May 24, 2026
US Charge d’Affaires welcomes Congressmen in BiH’s Capital
May 24, 2026
BiH FM spoke with the US Congressional Delegation
May 24, 2026
EES brought up to 10 hours-long Waits at the Borders of BiH and the EU
May 24, 2026
Trade Unions demand urgent Adoption of Law on Emergency Administration in New Steelwork Zenica
May 24, 2026
Fifteen BiH National Team Players had their First training Session in Butmir
May 24, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?