Palestinians in the Gaza Strip are now facing grave danger due to food shortages amid a devastating war waged by Israel since October 7th.
“Palestinian families eat half a meal every two days, while residents of the northern part of the Gaza Strip cannot even find fodder because of Israel’s months-long war against the Strip,” said Director General of the Government Media Office in Gaza Ismail Al-Thawabta.
He reminded that Israeli forces are preventing trucks with humanitarian aid from reaching the north of the Gaza Strip.
He pointed out that “the humanitarian situation in the northern Gaza Strip has long passed the catastrophic stage”.
Thawabta called for “an end to the occupation’s attacks on civilians, an end to the war, and pressure on Israel to end the siege of the Gaza Strip.”
Following a genocide claim brought by the Republic of South Africa, the International Court of Justice ruled on January 26ththat Israel must refrain from any actions related to the killing, attacks and destruction of Gazans and take all measures to prevent the genocide.
However, Israeli forces continue to attack the Gaza Strip.
28,176 Palestinians were killed in Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip in 128 days.
More than 100 people were killed in Israeli attacks on Sunday on the town of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip, the official Palestinian news agency WAFA reported. In total, at least 164 Palestinians were killed in the Gaza Strip in the last 24 hours.
The Ministry of Health in that Palestinian enclave announced that “the Israeli occupation committed 19 massacres against families” in the past 24 hours, during which 164 Palestinians were killed, while 200 were wounded.
“Many people are still trapped under the rubble and on the roads, because rescuers cannot reach them,” it said.
Rafah, a city on the border of the Gaza Strip with Egypt, has been under intense fire since yesterday, after the Israeli army authorized the start of an offensive on the area, which is home to 2.3 million Palestinians who were previously forced to leave their homes in northern Gaza.
In the attacks of Israeli forces, 28,340 were killed and 67,984 wounded. The military campaign also led to mass displacement, destruction and shortages of food, water and shelter.
Israel claims that 1,200 people were killed in Hamas attacks on October 7 last year.
In Gaza, since the beginning of the Israeli attack, more than 12,300 minors have been killed
The Ministry of Health from the Gaza Strip announced today that since the beginning of the Israeli aggression on the territory, more than 12,300 minors have been killed.
According to their data, minors make up about 47 percent of the total of 28,176 Palestinians killed in Gaza.
About 8,400 women were among those killed.
The Ministry announced this separate information at the request of the Associated Press.
The Israeli army released two hostages
Israel said it carried out a special forces operation that freed two Israeli hostages in Rafah amid airstrikes early this morning.
Fernando Simon Marman (60) and Louis Hare (70) were freed in Rafah by a joint operation of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), the Israeli security service Shin Bet and special police units, the Israeli army announced.
The two men were abducted by Hamas from Kibbutz Nir Yitzhak on October 7, the army said, AA writes.