By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Sarajevo announced a Public New Year’s Celebration: Spectacles, Humor, and Fun await the Audience
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > ARTS > CULTURE > Sarajevo announced a Public New Year’s Celebration: Spectacles, Humor, and Fun await the Audience
ARTSCULTURE

Sarajevo announced a Public New Year’s Celebration: Spectacles, Humor, and Fun await the Audience

Published: December 7, 2023
Share
SHARE

The Mayor of Sarajevo, Benjamina Karic, with the frontmen of the bands that will perform at the public New Year’s celebration 2024 in the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), officially presented the Welcome Program yesterday. In front of the Eternal Flame, the audience will be entertained by “Bombaj Stampa”, “Zabranjeno Pusenje, and “Crvena Jabuka”, as well as Elvir Lakovic Laka, who will perform instead of the previously announced band “Letu Stuke”.

As the organizers announced, New Year’s Eve in Sarajevo will be more than a concert, as a unique accompanying event called “Sarajevo Story” is being prepared, in which there will be part from the popular TV show “Top lista nadrealista” (The Top List of the Surrealists).

The frontman of “Zabranjeno Pusenje” Davor Sucic, better known as Sejo Sexon, said that they have a special and difficult task ahead of them because they are performing in front of a local audience and in the city that, as he said, created them.

“This city created us all. We have a special task. It will be much more difficult for us than for more eminent artists. We are people from this city, and the entire music and creativity are more or less based on Sarajevo and its streets. It’s a nice challenge and we will do our best not to disappoint because we know that our audience is always the most critical of those who are from here. Such an attitude helped us in our lives and careers because it forced us to give our best and build great careers,” Sucic said.

Drazen Zeric Zera, frontman of the group “Crvena Jabuka”, believes that this New Year’s Eve will be emotional and memorable.

“I wish we had started the campaign earlier, I hope that guests from the region will come,” Zera emphasized.

Nedzad Podzic from the band “Bombaj Stampa” pointed out that such a beautiful story should have happened earlier.

The concert is scheduled to start at 9:00 p.m. and will last until 2:00 a.m., and the bands will play for one hour each.

The mayor of Sarajevo said that she believes that 2024 will be a special year in the capital of BiH. She said that Sarajevo is ready for another spectacular New Year’s Eve, as well as for all the guests who are arriving in the city in huge numbers.

“40th anniversary of the Winter Olympics, 40th anniversary of the phenomenal “Top lista nadrealista”. We will enter the New Year with a real Sarajevo “dernek” (eng. party), and I invite all my dear friends from all over the former Yugoslavia, all my dear friends from all over Europe and the world to come and enjoy the well-known Sarajevo story,” said Karic.

This year’s program will begin with a concert by the Sarajevo Philharmonic Orchestra at the National Theater with a broadcast on five LED screens in Tito‘s Street until the start of the program at 9:00 p.m., and on Susan Sontag Square until the end of the concert at the National Theater.

The philharmonic concert starts at 7:30 p.m. when the entrance to Tito’s Street will open from the direction of Kulovica and Dalmatinska Streets and from the Children of Sarajevo Square.

The complete program at the Eternal Flame starts at 9:00 p.m. when the first performer – Laka with the band – will appear on the stage.

From 10:00 p.m., “Bombaj Stampa”, “Zabranjeno Pusenje” and “Crvena Jabuka” will take turns on the stage, and their performances on LED screens along the street will be accompanied by special video projections, AA reports.

E.Dz.

Photo: Fena

Concert of Iranian Music on the occasion of the Iranian New Year
Traditional Christmas Concert held in National Theatre (Video)
BiH Minister of Civil Affairs talked with Special UN Envoy Farida Shaheed
Enis Čišić and Aleksandar Brezar Nominated for Puschart Prize!
Bijelo Dugme will hold Concert on Bjelasnica Mountain soon! (video)
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH best Meteorologist Nedim Sladic officially acquired the Master Degree
Next Article On the Way to Cairo: Another BiH Citizen evacuated from Gaza
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

42,762 Traffic Accidents recorded in BiH last Year, 117 per Day
May 23, 2026
Where is BiH 34 Years after its admission to the United Nations?
May 23, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with President of the Jewish Community in BiH
May 23, 2026
From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?