By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Swiss Prosecutor: The Fire in Crans-Montana was not intentionally caused
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Swiss Prosecutor: The Fire in Crans-Montana was not intentionally caused
WORLD NEWS

Swiss Prosecutor: The Fire in Crans-Montana was not intentionally caused

Published: January 1, 2026
Share
SHARE

The chief prosecutor of the Swiss canton of Valais, Beatrice Pilloud, said today that a fire at a bar in the ski resort of Crans-Montana, which broke out during New Year’s Eve, was not deliberately started, reports the British newspaper The Guardian.

At a press conference, Pilloud said that so far there have been no arrests or identified suspects, and that the investigation into the causes and circumstances of the fire is still ongoing. She added that she could not comment on allegations that the fire allegedly broke out when a candle ignited the wooden ceiling, noting that the exact number of people who were in the bar at the time was not known.

The president of the cantonal council of Valais, Mathias Reynard, said that about 35 people sought medical attention, while about 80 injured people were treated in hospitals, with “a significant number of them in critical condition.” He said that several patients had been transferred to larger and more specialized health facilities.

Reynard added that the canton had received an offer of assistance from specialized units from Italy, and that there was a possibility that some of the injured, many of whom were young, would be transferred to hospitals in neighboring countries for treatment.

Swiss President Guy Parmelin said the fire was “one of the worst tragedies Switzerland has ever experienced.” He stressed that the victims included both local residents and tourists who had traveled to Crans-Montana for the holidays.

Parmelin also announced that flags across the country would be flown at half-mast for the next five days as a sign of mourning.

Police had earlier said that 40 people had died in the fire, while 115 were injured.

Hezbollah Drone hits Aircraft Factory in Northern Israel
Why the “Kartel” Raft in Belgrade sank?
German Chancellor Declares A State Of Emergency
Trump agrees to longer Timeframe for reaching Trade Deal with EU
UK’s enduring Commitment to BiH, will it be even stronger with Prime Minister Truss?
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH Presidency Member sent a Telegram of Condolences to the President of Switzerland
Next Article Zohran Mamdani Sworn In As New York City’s First Muslim Mayor
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?