By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Aggressors killed 11 Sarajevo Residents who were in Line for Bread: “Justice has not reached those who fired the Shells”
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > The Aggressors killed 11 Sarajevo Residents who were in Line for Bread: “Justice has not reached those who fired the Shells”
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

The Aggressors killed 11 Sarajevo Residents who were in Line for Bread: “Justice has not reached those who fired the Shells”

Published: August 31, 2024
Share
SHARE

By laying flowers and paying respects, the 32nd anniversary of the killing of 11 Sarajevo residents was commemorated. They were killed while waiting in line for bread in the Alipasino Polje neighborhood by a mortar shell fired from the positions of the Army of the Republika Srpska (VRS) in Nedzarici.

Senida Karovic, the President of the Union of Civilian War Victims of Canton Sarajevo (CS), stated that the suffering of civilians in the capital had been inadequately punished, and without the verdicts of the Hague Tribunal, no one would have been convicted for the siege of Sarajevo.

“The Prosecutor’s Office and the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) are doing nothing when it comes to justice,” said Karovic.

She emphasized that what hurts the victims and the citizens of Sarajevo who survived the siege the most is the fact that justice has not reached those individuals who operated as snipers, fired shells at Sarajevo, and kept its residents besieged for 1.425 days.

“It hurts, it’s the greatest pain, the greatest suffering,” said Karovic, calling on judicial institutions to prosecute those responsible for the deaths of Sarajevo residents.

In the mortar explosion on August 30th, 1992, the following individuals were killed: Rifet Bahtic, Jasmina Durakovic, Jasmin Djozo, Muniba Ganija, Nermin Gusic, Zoran Kafedzic, Sadrija Krasnici, Adnan Lingo, Nadezda Puljic, Daniel Turkalj, and Edin Uzunovic, while more than 50 citizens were seriously or lightly injured.

Sarajevo civilians, as established by the verdicts of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), were attacked with sniper and artillery fire while tending their gardens, shopping at markets, or cleaning city streets. They were shot at while attending funerals, in ambulances, on trams, buses, or bicycles.

The Minister of Education of CS, Naida Hota-Muminovic, reminded of the Hague verdicts that prosecuted those responsible for the siege of Sarajevo, but noted that few people have been convicted for “so many of our fellow citizens killed and wounded.”

“Even today, 32 years later, we speak of them because it is very important, not only because of the past and the present but also for the future. It is necessary to constantly talk about it so that such a crime is never repeated,” said Hota-Muminovic.

The Hague verdicts handed down life sentences to the former political and military leaders of RS – Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic – and former commander of the Sarajevo-Romanija Corps of the VRS, Stanislav Galic, for the campaign of terror against civilians through sniper and artillery attacks. The former commander of the Sarajevo-Romanija Corps of the VRS, Dragomir Milosevic, was sentenced to 29 years in prison for terrorizing Sarajevo’s civilians.

During the 44-month siege, from 1992 to 1995, more than 11.000 residents, including around 1.600 children, were killed, according to association data. More than 30 years after the war ended, no indictments have been brought against those responsible for the shelling and sniper attacks on the citizens of Sarajevo, Klix.ba writes.

E.Dz.

The Record of 3,777 Grenades fired at Sarajevo on this Day in 1993!
Great Success of the Factory ‘Zanat’ from Konjic: 3 Awards for Innovations
BiH records Increase in Number of Migrants
Two Non-Working Days for Independence Day of Bosnia-Herzegovina
Members of the Presidency spoke to the Pope about the Situation in BiH
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Vucic does not believe that Serbia will be a Member of the EU until 2028
Next Article Elusive Yahya Sinwar: Not even the most modern Radars help the Israelis find him
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Sipovic Sisters win Bronze Medals at the European Senior Karate Championships
May 24, 2026
US Charge d’Affaires welcomes Congressmen in BiH’s Capital
May 24, 2026
BiH FM spoke with the US Congressional Delegation
May 24, 2026
EES brought up to 10 hours-long Waits at the Borders of BiH and the EU
May 24, 2026
Trade Unions demand urgent Adoption of Law on Emergency Administration in New Steelwork Zenica
May 24, 2026
Fifteen BiH National Team Players had their First training Session in Butmir
May 24, 2026
EUFOR ALTHEA and the Italian Red Cross Deliver IHL Course for the AFBiH
May 24, 2026
Who Will Be the New High Representative?
May 24, 2026
Sarajevo Pride Returns as Organizers Invite Citizens to Decorate Balconies with Rainbow Colors
May 23, 2026
More than 200 Oldtimers in Mostar at one of the largest Gatherings of its kind in Europe
May 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?