By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The UN says Israel is systematically blocking Aid access to Gaza
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The UN says Israel is systematically blocking Aid access to Gaza
WORLD NEWS

The UN says Israel is systematically blocking Aid access to Gaza

Published: February 28, 2024
Share
SHARE

Israeli forces are “systematically” blocking access to people in the Gaza Strip in need of humanitarian aid, complicating the already difficult task of delivering that aid to the chaotic war zone, the UN warned on Tuesday.

It has become almost impossible to conduct medical evacuations and deliver aid to the north of the Gaza Strip and increasingly difficult to the south, Jens Laerke, spokesman for the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), told reporters in Geneva.

All aid convoys scheduled for the north have been rejected by the Israeli authorities in recent weeks, and the last one to receive approval was on January 23, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Even convoys that received the approval of the Israeli authorities were blocked and attacked several times.

Laerke cited as an example the incident that occurred on Sunday when a WHO-Palestinian Red Crescent convoy that was supposed to evacuate patients from the besieged Al Amal Hospital in Khan Yunis was blocked for hours and emergency workers were arrested.

“Despite prior coordination with Israeli authorities for all staff members and vehicles, Israeli forces blocked the WHO convoy for several hours as soon as it left the hospital,” he said.

“The Israeli soldiers forced the patients and staff out of the ambulance and forced the medical staff to undress,” he added, specifying that the convoy carrying 24 patients was blocked for seven hours.

After that, three members of the Palestinian Red Crescent were arrested, although Israeli forces received their information in advance, he added, noting that only one of them has been released so far.

“This is not an isolated incident,” he stressed.

“Aid convoys were attacked and access to people in need is systematically denied.”, Hina news agency writes.

OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights launches Hate Crime Report
‘This cannot go on’: Scandal rocks Orban’s Hungary
Europol Backs Crackdown on Crime Ring Smuggling Hazardous Salvage Cars from U.S.
About 60,000 pregnant Palestinian Women suffer from malnutrition
Hackers Threaten to Leak More Emails Stolen from Trump’s Inner Circle
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Without Agreement on Laws at the Meeting of Coalition Partners
Next Article Wheat is cheap, but who will sow it in BiH?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?