By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The World Health Organization approved the first vaccine against the Epidemic of Monkeypox
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The World Health Organization approved the first vaccine against the Epidemic of Monkeypox
WORLD NEWS

The World Health Organization approved the first vaccine against the Epidemic of Monkeypox

Published September 13, 2024
Share
SHARE

The World Health Organization (WHO) has approved the monkeypox vaccine from Bavarian Nordic, which is the first vaccine to get the green light to fight the epidemic that has killed at least 643 people in Africa this year.

The vaccine is approved for people over 18 as a two-dose injection — but the WHO also said it “may be used ‘off-label'” in infants and children, and in pregnant women and immunocompromised people, where the benefits outweigh the potential risks.

WHO also recommends the use of a single dose where supplies are limited, but emphasizes the need to monitor safety and efficacy.

Bavarian Nordic said on Thursday that it could deliver “an additional 50 million doses” over the next 12-18 months, “pending regulatory approvals and demand” – on top of the 13 million doses it previously announced by 2025.

“Current circumstances ensure 13 million doses by the end of next year,” Rolf Sass Sørensen, head of investor relations, told POLITICO.

However, the company is in talks with global drug regulators to approve a new way of producing the same vaccine, which would speed up production.

That, along with the possible involvement of manufacturing partners local to the epicenter of the outbreak, could allow the company to deliver an additional 50 million doses by the end of next year, he said.

The WHO has faced criticism over how long it took to approve the measles vaccine, given that outbreaks in Africa have been going on for years. Before Friday’s news, the WHO had already given the green light to vaccine buyers GAVI and UNICEF to procure monkeypox vaccines pending approval.

Biden spoke with Netanyahu: Israel must ensure the Safety of the People in Rafah

Xi Jinping promised more aid to Gaza

Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France: Support for Schmidt and the State of BiH

Karleusa insults young Man who attended Protests: “He’s reciting a Prayer from the Quran, what is he doing in Belgrade?”

BiH Border Police prevented Smuggling of Five Citizens of Turkey

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Sirens sounded across Germany
Next Article First Snowfall of the Season falls on Bjelasnica Mountain
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

HR Schmidt: No One in Munich supported the Idea of ​​Secession in Bosnia and Herzegovina
February 16, 2026
BiH Defense Minister and Egyptian Ambassador Discuss Finalization of Defense Cooperation Agreement
February 16, 2026
COM EUFOR held a Meeting with French Ambassador to BiH
February 16, 2026
Today’s Protests are over, new ones are scheduled for Tomorrow at 12:00
February 16, 2026
GRAS Director Senad Mujagic resigns
February 16, 2026
Dodik: Military Alliance between Croatia, Albania and Kosovo a Threat to BiH
February 16, 2026
Becirovic, Krichbaum Discuss Dodik’s Hate Speech Evoking Europe’s Darkest Periods
February 16, 2026
New Direct Flight between Sarajevo and Tel Aviv soon
February 16, 2026
BiH Foreign Minister attends the 3rd Makkah Halal Forum
February 16, 2026
Exhibition “United Colors of Olympic City” to Close Sarajevo Olympic Week 2026
February 16, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?