By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Vucic accused the Protesters of Violence: There will be no Civil War
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Vucic accused the Protesters of Violence: There will be no Civil War
WORLD NEWS

Vucic accused the Protesters of Violence: There will be no Civil War

Published: August 14, 2025
Share
©️AP
SHARE

On Wednesday evening, in a wave of new anti-government protests, Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić accused the protesters of violence, adding that the country has no intention of engaging the army and that there will be no civil war.

Vučić addressed the public shortly before midnight after protests were organized in several cities across Serbia – in Novi Sad, Belgrade and Niš – due to violence against citizens at protest gatherings the day before in Vrbas and Bačka Palanka.

According to Vučić, more than 60 citizens were injured in the incidents in Novi Sad on Wednesday evening. He added that 16 police officers were injured, including two with serious jaw and chest injuries.

The Serbian president said that “control is being established” and that a larger number of police officers will be on the streets, reports Hina.

“Tonight is a difficult evening for the citizens of Serbia. It is important that, thanks to the wisdom and patience of a huge number of citizens, we have miraculously managed to preserve peace for the time being,” said Vučić.

He dramatically stated that in Novi Sad, “until a few minutes ago, it was a question of whether about 300 citizens who were guarding their houses would survive,” alluding to SNS supporters gathered in front of the party’s Novi Sad headquarters who, as he said, “opposed the beaters and blockaders.”

The citizens who protested against Vučić and the ruling SNS claim the opposite – that they were attacked by SNS supporters, among whom, as they said, were people with “suspicious pasts” hired to cause incidents and provoke police intervention.

The protesters claim that they were brought to the streets by the policies of the ruling party and Serbian President Vučić, who persistently refuse to establish the rule of law, regulate institutions, conduct an investigation, and bring to justice all those responsible for the collapse of a canopy at the Novi Sad railway station on November 1 last year, when 16 people died.

After the Novi Sad tragedy in November last year, a wave of protests followed, in which a student movement was born that seeks an orderly society with the rule of law and the suppression of corruption, the work of institutions without political pressure and influence.

The last in a series of demands is the calling of extraordinary elections, which the government refuses to do so far.

Protests in several cities in Serbia continued after midnight, Belgrade media reported.

Zeljko Komsic in New York: ‘There are many more who will defend BiH than those who want to destroy it’
Bosnian Ahmed Guso With A ‘Smart Submarine’ Going To A World Competition In Qatar
Muslims in the World and BiH to mark Eid-al Adha
Great Britain: The waves washed ashore a mysterious bundle, maybe it’s from the Titanic
Rifet Karic, who set off on foot from BiH to perform Hajj, has arrived at Arafat
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Issuance of Personal Documents in BiH Could Halt Within Months
Next Article The State Department published a Report on Human Rights in BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?