By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Vucic: BiH Refuses To Build The Belgrade – Sarajevo Highway Via Visegrad
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Vucic: BiH Refuses To Build The Belgrade – Sarajevo Highway Via Visegrad
WORLD NEWS

Vucic: BiH Refuses To Build The Belgrade – Sarajevo Highway Via Visegrad

Published: June 12, 2025
Share
SHARE

Speaking about the construction of highways in Serbia and in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), the President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic, emphasized that he is guided by the principle that investment must also be made in the less developed parts of the country, despite the lack of economic viability, but that the authorities in Sarajevo do not agree with this.

He spoke in an interview about how the government must build even where there is no economic justification and profitability of the project, and that many, including the authorities in BiH, who refuse to build the highway via Visegrad, do not understand this.

“We have a different view from BiH. We would like a highway to be built from Belgrade to Sarajevo via Visegrad, but we cannot reach an agreement with our partners in Sarajevo because they say there is no profitability that a feasibility study would show,” said Vucic.

He explained that the competent authorities in BiH say that if the road is built to Visegrad, then it must go to Gorazde, and they raise the question of whether it will go via Pale and Praca.

“Whether it will go via Praca or Rogatica is now the question, but they won’t do it precisely because there is no profitability. I think that is a mistake and that politics must always help in that regard,” said Vucic.

There has been no response from the BiH authorities to these claims so far.

The idea of building a highway between Sarajevo and Belgrade is decades old. During the Trilateral Business Forum BiH–Serbia–Turkey at the end of October 2016, the Republic of Turkey offered to carry it out.

Six years ago, BiH and Serbia signed an agreement on cooperation on the construction project of the Belgrade – Sarajevo highway, worth four billion euros.

Along the route through BiH, it is necessary to build 133 bridges with a total length of 25.8 kilometers, as well as 53 tunnels with a total length of 37.5 kilometers.

The authorities within BiH were unable for months to agree on which route the highway from BiH towards Serbia should take.

At the beginning of September 2022, two different highway sections were agreed upon. One would go from Sarajevo towards the northeast of BiH – Tuzla and Bijeljina, and the other from Sarajevo towards eastern BiH – via Pale, Rogatica, Visegrad to Vardiste in Serbia.

According to the latest announcements, Serbia is expected to complete the Kuzmin – Sremska Raca section of the highway by the end of the year.

As for the section connecting Sarajevo and Belgrade via Pale, Praca, and Visegrad, a “preliminary design and pre-feasibility study for the Sarajevo – Vardiste expressway through the European Union (EU)program“ was done in 2018.

Is Vladimir Putin secretly the Richest Man in the World: Villas worth more than a Billion Dollars, 700 Cars
Israel targets Cities in southern Lebanon after an Attack on the Golan Heights
Iran announced that the Missile Attack on Israel was over
KFOR increases security Measures to protect critical Infrastructure in Kosovo
Iran’s Helicopter Fleet under Scrutiny after the Crash that killed Ebrahim Raisi
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Austrian Media Publish Photo of Attacker Behind Graz Massacre
Next Article Swedish Ambassador Visits USC to Strengthen Ties on Sustainable Development and Energy Initiatives
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Slovenian Journalists expose Network of Suspicious Transactions behind Viaduct Affair
May 20, 2026
Minister Amidzic after the Opening of the New Border Crossing: Political Victory of Republika Srpska
May 20, 2026
Preparations underway for the Signing of the Southern Interconnection Agreement in Washington
May 20, 2026
Why It Is Impossible to Change the BiH Constitutional Court without Changing the State Structure
May 20, 2026
Lucic: Croats Will Fight for Their Entity or Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia If Their Rights Aren’t Met
May 20, 2026
BiH opens New Border Crossing for all International Passenger and Goods Traffic
May 20, 2026
Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?