By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Will Thousands of People from Sandžak lose the BiH Citizenship?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Will Thousands of People from Sandžak lose the BiH Citizenship?
POLITICS

Will Thousands of People from Sandžak lose the BiH Citizenship?

Published: October 31, 2016
Share
SHARE

pasosRevision of citizenship for citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina who originate from Sandžak is in progress, but with minor changes.

The call for revision with deadline for submission of paperwork was repealed after the visit by the Association of Bosniaks from Sandžak to the Cabinet of the Minister of Civil Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina Adil Osmanović.

The decision was made because of low reply rate of the citizens to the mentioned revision or, as the Ministry confessed, because of lapses in the forwarding of calls to the persons whose citizenship is being revised.

This decision does not mean that the revision was put out of force, but it implied that the citizens who do not respond to the revision will not be penalized. Moreover, it was also discussed about narrowing down the circle of subjects whose citizenship will be treated and more information about that will be known as the revision develops.

“The agreement was to revise a certain number of randomly chosen subjects and based on that to reach a conclusion on the percentage of irregular citizenships. It was agreed that the process will be implemented in one month and, if citizenships are to be annulled, that will not be performed without our consent and there will be no legal consequences for those who did not respond to the revision,” said Ekrem Lekić, President of the Association of citizens who originate from Sandžak.

Rector of the University of Sarajevo and former president of the Association of citizens who originate from Sandžak Rifat Škriljelj stated earlier that nothing significant will happen regarding the revision of citizenship and that the Ministry of Civil Affairs of BiH assured them that no citizen who regularly obtained citizenship will have any problems.

“It is not an attack on a certain, targeted, group, but an act of control conducted by the state, which ended in media and caused certain turmoil,” said Škriljelj.

(Source: Al Jazeera Balkans)

Members of BiH Presidency to speak with WHO Director General
Blinken: Ethno-nationalists cannot compromise the Future of BiH
His Royal Highness Prince of Wales to visit Bosnia-Herzegovina
Federal Government has set out New Law on Arms Production and Military Equipment
Chairman of BiH Presidency sent a Christmas Greeting
TAGGED:#citizenship#important#revision#SandžakInvitation
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Bosnians in St. Louis represent One of the First Successful Integrations of Refugees into American Society?
Next Article Road Sarajevo-Podgorica-Tirana will Strengthen Cooperation of BiH and Albania
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Livno Mayor received the Ambassador of the Netherlands to BiH
May 21, 2026
Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?