By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Zelenskyy desperately warns: The Russians will soon attack the second-largest City in Ukraine
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Zelenskyy desperately warns: The Russians will soon attack the second-largest City in Ukraine
WORLD NEWS

Zelenskyy desperately warns: The Russians will soon attack the second-largest City in Ukraine

Published: April 12, 2024
Share
SHARE

”Russian forces could launch a major attack on the northeastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv, ” warned Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

The Ukrainian leader said this while the Russian summer offensive is expected as early as next month.

”Kharkiv is one of the main cities of Ukraine, so it has a great symbolic meaning,” Zelenskyy told German newspaper Bild in an interview published on Wednesday.

Ukraine is “doing everything it can” to prevent Russian forces from entering and taking control of the country’s second-largest city, the Ukrainian president added.

In the early months of Russia’s all-out invasion, Moscow’s troops swept through the Kharkiv region before Ukraine’s blitzkrieg offensive in the fall of 2022 eased Russia’s grip on northeastern Ukraine. In the long months of the war that followed, the eastern part of the Kharkiv region remained on the front lines of the fighting and was often the target of bombing.

Ukrainian officials and Western analysts warned earlier this year that Russian forces could launch an offensive along several points of the front line, including the stretch from the city of Kupiansk to Kharkiv, which Ukraine recaptured in September 2022, west of the Russian-held towns of Svatova and Kreminno.

In later comments, Ukraine’s Zelenskiy said Russia could launch a summer offensive as early as the end of May, adding: “We will prepare for their attack.”

“A Russian ground operation against Kharkiv in the near future is unlikely, but Russian efforts to create strategic reserves and reposition forces on the battlefield could allow Russian forces to launch an offensive against the city in the summer,” the independent United States (U.S.) think tank Institute for the Study of War (ISW) said.

The threat of a Russian offensive targeting Kharkiv or the city of Sumy, also in northeastern Ukraine and bordering Russia, is likely to force Ukraine to reallocate limited resources to building new fortifications around those areas, the ISW said.

On Tuesday, Zelenskyyi’s office said the Ukrainian leader “reviewed the process of building defense structures and fortifications near the border” with Russia during a visit to the Kharkiv region.

Describing this as a very important region, Zelenskyy added: “We must be ready. And the Russians must see that we are ready to defend ourselves.”

Oleh Syniehubov, head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration, said these fortifications include “Dragon’s Teeth” anti-tank defenses, new trenches and dugouts.

However, Russia can still launch an offensive along any part of the front line, ISW added, which “will continue to strain Ukraine’s already strained resources, regardless of the success of any operation in actually capturing a targeted city or settlement.”, Klix.ba reports.

E.Dz.

NATO HQ Sarajevo witnessed its Change of Command
Slovak Prime Minister Announces Visit to Moscow on May 9
Becirovic sends Letter of Condolences to King Felipe VI and Sánchez: Our Thoughts Are With the Families
Israel attacked a Hospital in Northern Gaza, dead Bodies left lying on the Street
Borrell criticizes EU: Half of the Bombs falling on Gaza come from us
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Serbian President to the Chairman of BiH Presidency: “A petty Liar and Forger”
Next Article End of the “Line”? Saudi Arabia “forced to scale back” Plans for Desert Megacity
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Livno Mayor received the Ambassador of the Netherlands to BiH
May 21, 2026
Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?