Dragan Glavas, a tourist guide in the PE “Agency for cultural, historical and natural heritage and the development of tourist potentials of Jajce“, said that in November 1461, in this church, the last Bosnian King Stjepan Tomasevic has been crowned.
From the middle of 19th century, the object is not in use, because through its history, it burned three times. Namely, in the fire in 1832, only walls remained of the building.
Through the history, the object has been used as a church and as a mosque. There are reminders that in this object, different religions had prayed. Mihrab and the entrance to the mosque at one side and the entrance to the church at the other one.
It is assumed that in this church members of some families of the medieval town Jajce has been buried, and even family members of Stjepan Tomasevic. Excavated tombs are proof for that.
From the northeast side of the object, the bell tower was built- the tower of St. Luke 23 meters high, and has been built by the domestic masters. The bell tower of St. Luke represents the only surviving medieval tower in the continental part of Balkan. Already in 1892, the object has been declared as a cultural heritage by the Austro-Hungarian rule, by the law from 27th June 1892.
He remembered that the last Bosnian king Stjepan Tomasevic has been crowned in this church in 1459 according to the papal messenger.
“After that, in 1528 with the arrival of Ottomans, this church became a mosque and it has been used for some time as such. However, it has been buried three times. So it burned for the last time in 1832“, told Glavas.
The historical importance of this object has been recognized by Austro-Hungary, that declared this object as a national monument in its time.