By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: BiH without adequate Institutions for Housing Child Victims of Violence
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > BiH without adequate Institutions for Housing Child Victims of Violence
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

BiH without adequate Institutions for Housing Child Victims of Violence

Published: January 27, 2024
Share
SHARE

The recent case of the impossibility of placing a child victim of violence in an appropriate institution in Tuzla Canton once again pointed out all the shortcomings of the system. The struggle for care lasted for several days, and numerous institutions in the country were informed about everything. There are no adequate institutions for permanent care in Bosnia and Herzegovina, warn from the non-governmental sector.

The case of the 13-year-old boy, which is still ongoing, opened a “Pandora’s box”. The boy, for whom there is a court ruling that he is a victim of violence, was taken into temporary care after a few days, thanks to the reactions of the Land of Children, the Tuzla Center for Social Work and the Federal Ministry.

“There is no option of returning to the family, it is a very complex situation and we cannot allow that we have one minor child under 14 years of age, for whom we do not have the option of accommodation, even though it is a child with behavioral problems,” says the director of the Center for social work Tuzla Lejla Sadiković.

The reception center in the Home for Children Without Parental Care, as the primary solution for children who are victims of violence, refused to accept a child who had stayed there before, in a statement citing the behavior as the reason.

“Setting certain conditions when housing a child who is a victim of violence is not in the best interest of the child. In addition, not providing adequate protection in the first moments of caring for the child, we mean certain psychological support, health care and so on, is also one of the aspects of violating the rights of the child “, points out the director of the Association “Land of Children of BiH”, Mirsada Bajramović.

The Home explains that the Shelter is a necessary accommodation, for a maximum of three months, and for the reception of children who have certain behavioral problems, it leads to unwanted consequences.

“We are responsible for nine children who are already in the Shelter. Given that the Shelter is semi-open in some way, these children very easily come into contact with the children who are placed in the Home. It is not the child’s fault that he is in such a situation. We as the Canton we don’t have an adequate institution that can adequately respond to those children,” says Amir Muharemović, assistant director of the Home for Children without Parental Care Tuzla.

After information that the Center for Social Work of this city refused to take care of the child from Srebrenik, we contacted that Institution as well. Among other things, they answer that the child lives in Tuzla, and previously lived in Srebrenik.

“On December 4, 2023, in the premises of the Srebrenik Center, the mother took over her minor son, about which there is a statement in the Record. In the statement, she stated that she will live in Tuzla,” the Center stated.

While the responsibility is being transferred, the Association “Land of Children” has, they say, sent a request to the authorities in Srebrenik to review the responsibility of this Center, adding that they have informed the Prosecutor’s Office, the Police and the ombudsmen about the case. There are many such cases, notes Bajramović.

“A few months ago, the organization also met with a child who is a victim of human trafficking, who is currently in an inappropriate institution only because there is no adequate institution in Bosnia and Herzegovina to provide him with protection,” says Bajramović.

The competent Cantonal Ministry for BHRT says that it will continue to work on the permanent resolution of such cases, confirming the deficiencies in the system.

Majlis of IC Kladanj prepared Dinner for Members of other Confessions on the Occasion of the New Hijri Year
‘Elsa Day’-Lecture ‘Protection of Human Rights on the Internet’
Anniversary of a Courageous Act: Graham Bamford Burned Himself in London Due to War in B&H
Sarajevo Police recorded 50 Cases of Violations of the Prohibition of Movement
Dragan Milnovic and Emil Tiro are the best Jumpers from the Old Bridge in Mostar
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Four Great Fires in Sarajevo in Two Months
Next Article Holocaust Remembrance Day is a time to learn from the past and work together
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Magazinovic initiates Discussion on Femicide: We cannot say it does not concern us
May 19, 2026
Konakovic and Doughty discussed Bilateral Relations between BiH and the United Kingdom
May 19, 2026
BiH among Nineteen Countries in Europol’s Action
May 19, 2026
Contract worth 74 Million BAM signed for the Procurement of new Technologies for Elections in BiH
May 19, 2026
President of the Federation of BiH spoke with the Chargé d’Affaires of the United States Embassy
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?