By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Court in BiH sentenced One Person for War Crimes
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Court in BiH sentenced One Person for War Crimes
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Court in BiH sentenced One Person for War Crimes

Published: July 15, 2023
Share
SHARE

The District Court in Doboj sentenced Mirsad Brkić, a former member of the 102nd Brigade of the Croatian Defense Council (HVO), to eight years in prison for crimes against civilians in Jezero near Odžak in the summer of 1992.

Brkić was found guilty by the first-instance verdict for the murder of Simo and Pero Ljubičić and for illegally imprisoning a group of residents of Jezero in Ilija Milošević’s garage.

By the same verdict, he was acquitted of the inhumane treatment of Ilija Milosevic, who has since died.

“Brkić, as a co-perpetrator, together with Senahid Ribić and other unknown persons, illegally imprisoned, intimidated, tortured and killed two civilians,” said judge Snježana Banjac Lopandić.

The indictment states that Brkić, as a former member of the HVO, committed criminal acts in the Jezero settlement, which today belongs to the municipality of Vukosavlje, together with Senahid Ribić, also known as Bešlaga, and other unknown persons.

In the explanation of the verdict, it is stated that the testimony of the Prosecution witness that Brkić was a member of “Bešlaga’s group”, which they identified as responsible for the crimes committed in Jezero near Odžak in June and July 1992, was accepted.

At the end of January 2013, the district court sentenced Senahid Ribić to 13 years in prison for crimes in the area of Odžak.

At the beginning of November last year, Brkić was extradited from Austria to Bosnia and Herzegovina, according to an international warrant issued by order of the Doboj District Court.

Judge Banjac Lopandić said that Brkić’s detention was extended until the final verdict, and the time spent in detention in Doboj since November 4 last year will be included in his prison sentence. The court did not count Brkić’s extradition detention in Austria, where he was from February 24 until the beginning of November last year, in the duration of the sentence.

According to the verdict, Brkić is also obliged to pay the court costs and witness attendance costs in the total amount of 355 marks.

The trial in this case began on March 27 of this year.

Today’s verdict can be appealed to the Supreme Court of the Republika Srpska.

Canton Sarajevo Prosecution about the ‘’Pazaric’’ Home: We are checking the Allegations regarding the published Photos
Former UN Security Council President Diego Arria visited Potocari
Sarajevo Students reforested Hills near Sarajevo
All Preparations for Commemoration of Srebrenica Genocide are in the Final Phase
Sixth International Congress of New Technologies in Dentistry in Sarajevo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad1
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article SIPA is requesting Information on SDA Party Leader Bakir Izetbegovic
Next Article Institute in BiH issued Red Alert for extremely High Temperatures
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

“Krajina Snake” brought together Competitors from Several Countries
August 9, 2026
Billions in Investments, Growth in Overnight Stays: BiH records Good Tourism Results
August 9, 2026
BiH Foreign Minister informs World Officials about the Hearings of Employees of Srebrenica Memorial Center
August 9, 2026
Electric Scooters in BiH between the Law and the Legal Vacuum
August 9, 2026
Fire near Konjic still active, Situation better than last Night
August 9, 2026
Mostar has a record Budget, but no Money for Newborns
August 9, 2026
Jubilee 10th Red Bull Cliff Diving Edition in Mostar through Lens
August 9, 2026
The Srebrenica Memorial Center:!Any Pressure will have International Consequences
August 8, 2026
‘Pekijada’ in Vares gathers 37 Teams from Four Countries of the Region
August 8, 2026
Who can guarantee the Safety of Citizens, while regionally known Clans clash?
August 8, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?