By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: France, Germany, and Britain condemned Iran’s latest Nuclear Measures
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > France, Germany, and Britain condemned Iran’s latest Nuclear Measures
WORLD NEWS

France, Germany, and Britain condemned Iran’s latest Nuclear Measures

Published June 16, 2024
Share
SHARE

France, Germany, and Great Britain condemned Iran’s “latest measures” on June 15th, after the United Nations (UN) Atomic Energy Organization said the country was expanding its nuclear capabilities.

Three allies said Iran’s moves undermine the landmark 2015 nuclear deal after the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said on Thursday the country was strengthening enrichment facilities at two sites.

“These measures will once again increase Iran’s stockpiles of enriched uranium and enrichment capacity, the levels of which have already exceeded the limits set by the 2015 agreement,” the foreign ministries of France, Germany and Great Britain said in a joint statement.

The condemnation came more than a week after the countries tabled a resolution at a meeting of the IAEA’s board of governors criticizing Tehran’s lack of cooperation with nuclear watchdogs, the first such move since November 2022.

Iran condemned the resolution as “hasty and unwise”.

Tehran denies it wanted to develop nuclear weapons, saying Iran’s atomic program is for peaceful and civilian purposes.

Germany, France, and Britain said it was unacceptable for Iran to present its measures as a reaction to the resolution.

They reiterated their commitment to a diplomatic solution that would prevent Tehran from developing nuclear weapons.

According to the IAEA, Iran is the only non-nuclear-weapon state that is enriching uranium to a high level of 60 percent – ​​just short of weapons grade – while continuing to accumulate large stockpiles of uranium.

The IAEA has said that Tehran has significantly boosted its nuclear program and now has enough material to build several atomic bombs.

The Islamic Republic has gradually deviated from its obligations under the 2015 agreement it signed with world powers.

The deal provided relief from Western sanctions in exchange for curbs on Iran’s nuclear program.

It fell apart after the unilateral withdrawal of the United States (U.S.) under then-President Donald Trump in 2018.

Efforts to revive the agreement have so far failed.

The Ten biggest Music Tours of 2024

The German Government believes in the European Future of BiH and guarantees its Support to Schmidt

Bosnian Scientist Breaks New Ground in German Biomedicine-Uncovers Crucial Cancer‑Fighting Mechanism

Another May Day: Workers are leaving BiH in Search of a better Life

To ensure better Protection to Victims of Human Trafficking in BiH

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article World Leaders at the Ukrainian Summit in the Shadow of Putin’s tough Demands
Next Article Rifet Karic, who set off on foot from BiH to perform Hajj, has arrived at Arafat
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nihad Uk resigned from the Position of Prime Minister of Sarajevo Canton
February 15, 2026
Cantonal Court refuses to Order One Month Detention to Tram Driver
February 15, 2026
Third Protests in Sarajevo after Tram Accident
February 15, 2026
Bosniak Returnees near Foca without Electricity for More Than 30 Years after the War
February 15, 2026
New Protests scheduled for Today in BiH’s Capital
February 15, 2026
Navalny’s Cause of Death Officially Revealed
February 15, 2026
Elvedina Muzaferija and Esma Alic Today at the WOG Milano Cortina 2026
February 15, 2026
The US and Iran are expected to hold a Second Round of Nuclear Talks
February 15, 2026
Izetbegovic warned against Attempts to spread false Narratives about BiH
February 15, 2026
One-month Detention proposed for Tram Driver
February 15, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?