By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Hamas: We are Ready to Release all Hostages to Guarantee the End of the War in Gaza
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Hamas: We are Ready to Release all Hostages to Guarantee the End of the War in Gaza
WORLD NEWS

Hamas: We are Ready to Release all Hostages to Guarantee the End of the War in Gaza

Published: April 14, 2025
Share
SHARE

A senior Hamas leader said on Monday that his movement was ready to release all Israeli hostages in exchange for guarantees that Israel would end the war in the Gaza Strip.

A Hamas delegation traveled to Cairo this weekend for talks with officials from Egypt and Qatar, which are brokering a ceasefire in the Palestinian territory with the United States.

“We are ready to release all Israelis (hostages) as part of a genuine prisoner exchange agreement, in exchange for an end to the war, the withdrawal of Israeli forces from the Gaza Strip and the entry of humanitarian aid,” Taher al-Nunu, one of the Islamist movement’s leaders, told AFP.

He accused Israel of obstructing progress towards a ceasefire.

“The problem is not the number” of hostages to be released, he said, “but the fact that (Israel) is reneging on its commitments, blocking the implementation of the ceasefire agreement and continuing the war.”

“Therefore, Hamas insists on the need for guarantees to force (Israel) to respect the agreement,” he added.

According to the Israeli news website Ynet, a new proposal has been submitted to Hamas that would include the release of ten live hostages in exchange for US assurances that Israel will begin negotiations on a second phase of the ceasefire.

The first phase of the ceasefire, between January 19 and March 17, allowed the return of 33 hostages, including eight dead, in exchange for the release of around 1,800 Palestinian prisoners from Israeli jails.

Efforts to restore the ceasefire have so far failed.

In Israel, the Hostage Families Forum, the main organization campaigning for the release of Israelis held in Gaza, has spoken out against the gradual approach, calling it a “dangerous concept”.

“The State of Israel has an obligation to return everything,” the organization insists in a statement.

“We demand a necessary, feasible and appropriate solution: end the war and immediately return all hostages in one step.”

Taher al-Nunu also stated that Hamas will not disarm, which is one of the conditions set by Israel for ending the war.

“Weapons of resistance are non-negotiable,” he said.

The Gaza war was launched by Hamas’ attack on southern Israel on October 7, 2023.

The attack resulted in the death of 1,218 people on the Israeli side, mostly civilians, according to AFP based on official data. Of the 251 abducted, 58 are still being held in Gaza, including 34 dead, according to the military.

Hamas’s health ministry said on Sunday that at least 1,574 Palestinians had been killed since Israel resumed military operations on March 18, bringing the death toll in Gaza to 50,944 since Israel’s response to the attack began 18 months ago.

On the Way to Cairo: Another BiH Citizen evacuated from Gaza
Continued fighting in Gaza despite the UN Security Council resolution
BiH Federal Parliamentarian Salko Zildzic was arrested in Serbia
Tens of Thousands gather at Protests in Belgrade
If China and Brussels do not compromise, is the World at Risk of a Scenario from the 1930s?
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BHANSA facing a Serious Financial Crisis due to Account Blocking
Next Article OSCE supports BiH Prosecutor’s Office in efforts to Strengthen the Rule of Law in BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH FM spoke with the US Congressional Delegation
May 24, 2026
EES brought up to 10 hours-long Waits at the Borders of BiH and the EU
May 24, 2026
Trade Unions demand urgent Adoption of Law on Emergency Administration in New Steelwork Zenica
May 24, 2026
Fifteen BiH National Team Players had their First training Session in Butmir
May 24, 2026
EUFOR ALTHEA and the Italian Red Cross Deliver IHL Course for the AFBiH
May 24, 2026
Who Will Be the New High Representative?
May 24, 2026
Sarajevo Pride Returns as Organizers Invite Citizens to Decorate Balconies with Rainbow Colors
May 23, 2026
More than 200 Oldtimers in Mostar at one of the largest Gatherings of its kind in Europe
May 23, 2026
Wearing Jersey of BiH at the World Cup is a privilege that Generations Dream about
May 23, 2026
BiH FM at the GLOBSEC Forum: Preserve the Full Role of the OHR as a Key Factor in the Protection of the Constitutional Order
May 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?