By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Iran has announced a change in its nuclear doctrine if it feels threatened
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Iran has announced a change in its nuclear doctrine if it feels threatened
WORLD NEWS

Iran has announced a change in its nuclear doctrine if it feels threatened

Published: May 9, 2024
Share
SHARE

Iran will have to change its nuclear doctrine if Israel threatens it, an adviser to Iran’s supreme leader Kamal Harazi said, raising concerns about Iran’s nuclear weapons.

“We did not plan to build a nuclear bomb, but if Iran’s survival is threatened, we will have no choice but to change our military doctrine,” Harazi said, Iran’s Student News Network reported on Thursday, adding that Tehran had already made it known it had the potential to build one. weapons.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei banned the development of nuclear weapons by fatwa in the early 2000s, reiterating his position in 2019, when he declared that “building and stockpiling nuclear bombs is wrong, and their use is haram (religiously forbidden)… Although we have nuclear technology, Iran resolutely avoids it.”

But in 2021, Iran’s then-intelligence minister said Western pressure could force Tehran to work on nuclear weapons.

“In the event that the Zionist regime (Israel) attacks our nuclear facilities, we will no longer hesitate,” Harazi added.

In April, Iran and Israel reached an all-time high, with Tehran directly launching some 300 missiles and drones at Israel in retaliation for an unconfirmed Israeli attack on the Iranian embassy compound in Damascus that resulted in casualties.

Iran has been developing its nuclear facilities in recent years, claiming they serve purely civilian purposes.

After protracted negotiations over concerns that Tehran could develop nuclear weapons, Iran signed a nuclear deal in 2015 that drastically limits uranium enrichment and authorizes the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to carry out strict inspections.

The United States has since pulled out of the deal in 2018 under then-President Donald Trump, and Tehran has begun enriching uranium and moved closer to weapons-grade uranium purity as well as limiting IAEA inspections.

Recently, former leading Iranian politicians have hinted that the country is now technically capable of developing nuclear weapons, Hina reports.

BiH Basketball Team is playing against Italy Today
Bregu hopes that Citizens of Countries of the WB will travel with an Identity Card
Hezbollah filmed Netanyahu’s Residence with a Drone or a False Alarm?
About 10,000 missing People are being searched for under the Rubble in Gaza
Who was Amir-Abdollahian: Volunteer in War, skilled Negotiator, and Diplomat respected in the West
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The Ukrainian Parliament approved the Mobilization of Prisoners
Next Article Russia: We will respond strongly to the British decision regarding the Russian diplomatic Mission
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Slovenian Journalists expose Network of Suspicious Transactions behind Viaduct Affair
May 20, 2026
Minister Amidzic after the Opening of the New Border Crossing: Political Victory of Republika Srpska
May 20, 2026
Preparations underway for the Signing of the Southern Interconnection Agreement in Washington
May 20, 2026
Why It Is Impossible to Change the BiH Constitutional Court without Changing the State Structure
May 20, 2026
Lucic: Croats Will Fight for Their Entity or Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia If Their Rights Aren’t Met
May 20, 2026
BiH opens New Border Crossing for all International Passenger and Goods Traffic
May 20, 2026
Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?