By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israel Admits Mistakes After 15 Emergency Service Members Killed in Gaza Strike
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israel Admits Mistakes After 15 Emergency Service Members Killed in Gaza Strike
WORLD NEWS

Israel Admits Mistakes After 15 Emergency Service Members Killed in Gaza Strike

Published: April 6, 2025
Share
SHARE

The Israeli army (IDF) has admitted that its soldiers made “mistakes” during the March 23 attack on an ambulance convoy near Rafah that killed 15 members of the emergency services.

The convoy, which consisted of Palestinian Red Crescent (PRCS) ambulances, a UN vehicle and a Gaza Civil Protection fire truck, was attacked when it went to help the wounded.

Initially, the Israeli army claimed that the vehicles approached “suspiciously”, without lights, in night conditions, and that there was no advance notice.

However, a cellphone video recorded by emergency worker Refat Radvan before he was killed shows that the vehicles had their lights on and were clearly marked, and the medics were wearing reflective uniforms.

The IDF later admitted that the report of the lights being off was incorrect, and that the information came from the soldiers themselves on the ground.

Although the Israeli military claims that the six rescue workers killed were affiliated with Hamas, it has so far not provided any evidence to support that claim. They have acknowledged that all of them were unarmed at the time of the attack.

An IDF official said that soldiers had previously shot at a vehicle carrying three Hamas members. When the convoy reached the area, the soldiers, reportedly alerted by aerial surveillance, believed there was a threat and opened fire. There is no evidence that anyone in the convoy posed a threat.

A video released by the New York Times shows the moment the convoy pulls onto the road and then, without warning, the shooting begins. The video lasts more than five minutes and Radwan can be heard saying his final prayers before Israeli soldiers can be heard approaching the vehicles.

Officials confirmed that the bodies of the rescuers were buried in sand to protect them from wild animals. The vehicles and bodies were moved the day after the incident to clear the road, and were not found until seven days later due to the inability of international organizations to reach the scene safely.

A surviving rescuer told the BBC that the ambulances had their lights on and strongly denied any connection between his colleagues and the militants.

The Israeli military announced a “thorough investigation” to determine the circumstances and the actions of the soldiers on the ground. International organizations, including the UN and the Red Crescent, are demanding an independent investigation into the incident.

The attack occurred during the continuation of the Israeli offensive on Gaza, which was renewed on March 18 after the ceasefire was broken. According to the Gaza Health Ministry, more than 1,200 people have been killed since then.

The war began on October 7, 2023, when Hamas launched an attack on Israel, killing about 1,200 people and taking 251 hostages. Since then, according to the Gaza authorities, more than 50,600 people have died.

Photo: BBC

Flag of BiH torn apart in Jahorina Mountain Day after the Placement
Israel proposed a plan to evacuate civilians before the expected Offensive in Rafah
Montenegro ranks second in the World in terms of Milk Consumption
Congress President welcomes significant Developments paving the Way for Local Elections in Mostar
Croatian Excavators at Trgovska Gora, BiH preparing a Response
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Donald Trump’s golden immigration Cards are becoming a Reality in the U.S.
Next Article At least 100 Megawatts of new Solar Power Plants in BiH by the End of the Year
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
First-Instance Verdict Delivered: “Karton revolucija” Activists Receive Judicial Warning
May 19, 2026
German Military Plane Will Fly Over BiH in the Coming Days: “Citizens Have No Reason for Panic”
May 19, 2026
CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?