By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israeli Attacks on southern Gaza could drive a Million Refugees towards Egypt
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israeli Attacks on southern Gaza could drive a Million Refugees towards Egypt
WORLD NEWS

Israeli Attacks on southern Gaza could drive a Million Refugees towards Egypt

Published: December 2, 2023
Share
SHARE

The Commissioner General of the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNRWA), Filipe Lazarini, has warned that Israeli attacks on the southern Gaza Strip could push one million Palestinian refugees towards the Egyptian border, UNRWA announced.

“If there’s fighting, it’s really more likely that they might want to flee further south and across the border,” Lazarini said.

We have a million people, a million people in UN shelters, including 100,000 in the north, he added.

His statement followed the continuation of Israeli attacks in the Palestinian enclave after the end of a one-week humanitarian pause.

According to the Gaza Ministry of Health, at least 193 Palestinians have been killed and 652 wounded since Friday in Israeli airstrikes.

He is concerned about the impact of fighting in the south, which he described as “completely overloaded” after Israel urged civilians in the north of the territory to move south for their own safety.

“The Gaza Strip was already known as being one of the most crowded places in the world. And now, you have the majority of the population moved towards the south,” he said.

“So, you have the almost complete concentration of the population in half the territory – an area that cannot support such a presence because of even the lack of water.

“It simply cannot cater to so many people. Remember people from Gaza City and the north have been asked to go to the south because they were told the south would be safer. Yet a large proportion have been killed in the south.”

Israel launched relentless air and ground attacks on the Gaza Strip following a cross-border attack by Hamas on October 7. Since then, 15,207 people have been killed in Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip, 70 percent of whom are children and women, and more than 40,650 people have been wounded.

The official death toll in Israel is 1,200, The Guardian writes.

At Warsaw Military Parade, Polish President Vows to Build Europe’s Strongest Army
Numerous Delegations left the Hall during Netanyahu’s Address
U.S. Aid crucial for BiH, Survival of many Organizations at risk
Switzerland bans the wearing of Burqas
Azerbaijan is getting closer to China and is seeking Investment through new Businesses
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Cvijanovic: Deep Disintegration of both Politics and Society as a whole
Next Article Becirovic: We put Tuzla Airport back on the Map of International Air Connections
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?