By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Kim’s Sister threatens South Korea with new Garbage Balloons
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Kim’s Sister threatens South Korea with new Garbage Balloons
WORLD NEWS

Kim’s Sister threatens South Korea with new Garbage Balloons

Published: July 15, 2024
Share
SHARE

The powerful sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Kim Yo Jong, promised on Sunday to retaliate against what she described as a new leaflet campaign from South Korea, indicating that North Korea will soon resume sending garbage balloons across the border.

Since the end of May, North Korea has been sending balloons filled with old paper, scraps of cloth, cigarette butts, and even manure to South Korea, claiming it is in response to leaflets sent over the border by South Korean activists.

No hazardous materials have been found in the garbage sent by North Korea. In response, South Korea suspended the 2018 tension-reduction agreement with North Korea and resumed shooting exercises in border areas.

In a statement carried by state media, Kim Yo Jong said that “dirty leaflets and items from the (South Korean) scum” were again found on Sunday morning at border and other areas of North Korea.

“Despite repeated warnings (from North Korea), the (South Korean) scum do not stop their primitive and filthy games,” she said, noting that Pyongyang had previously implemented countermeasures.

North Korea last sent balloons with waste to South Korea at the end of June. It is not yet known which activists in South Korea recently sent balloons to North Korea.

Groups led by North Korean defectors have for years sent large balloons carrying anti-Pyongyang leaflets, USB drives with K-pop songs and South Korean dramas, as well as United States (U.S.) dollars towards North Korea.

Experts say that Pyongyang views these balloon campaigns as a serious provocation that could threaten the leadership in North Korea, which bans access to foreign news for most of its 26 million residents.

On June 9th, South Korea redeployed giant speakers along the border for the first time in six years and resumed broadcasting anti-North Korean propaganda programs.

South Korean officials say they do not prevent activists from sending leaflets to North Korea, in accordance with a 2023 Constitutional Court ruling that overturned a controversial law criminalizing such leaflets, on the grounds that it violated freedom of speech, RSE writes.

E.Dz.

Strong Earthquake hits Greece
Sharp Reactions from America to Putin’s Messages
Colombia is severing Diplomatic Ties with Israel, the President had a Message for Netanyahu
A Girl from Sarajevo in an Advertisement for the World Cup in Qatar
Pi Coin Hits the Market Amid High Expectations
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan to pay an Official Visit to BiH
Next Article Lamb Festival held, the Winner said: “We proved the Best is not in Jablanica”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?