By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Mostar in Shock as Femicide Emerges; Victim Had Received Prior Threats
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Mostar in Shock as Femicide Emerges; Victim Had Received Prior Threats
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Mostar in Shock as Femicide Emerges; Victim Had Received Prior Threats

Published: November 17, 2025
Share
z1b/Getty Images
SHARE

Shortly before midnight, the investigation was completed at the scene of the serious crime that rocked Mostar last night, where 33-year-old A.K. from this city killed 32-year-old A.J. from Kalesija. The tragedy happened in the building at the address Trg Ivan Krndelja, and the first information about the case was confirmed by the institutions of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton.

According to the on-duty cantonal prosecutor Vesna Pranjić, the attack took place at the moment when the victim left her home and went to the fitness center.

“Tonight, when she went to the gym, he waited for her and physically attacked her, after which he pulled a gun. She tried to run towards the hotel, looking for help, but he entered after her and killed her,” Pranjic told the media.

The prosecutor also stated that the victim had previously received threats from A.K., who is her former partner. Despite this, she never reported the threats to the competent institutions. “For reasons known to her, she believed that everything would only be based on threats,” Pranjić added.

She could not provide confirmed information about the alleged suicide attempt of the perpetrator, but she appealed to the media to carefully and responsibly report on this, as she pointed out, clear case of femicide.

HNK Interior Minister Marijo Marić confirmed that the suspect was arrested very soon after the crime. “Within just a few minutes, he was deprived of his liberty and is currently under police surveillance. This is a tragic case, and I express my deepest condolences to the victim’s family. As for the qualification of the criminal offense, the Prosecutor’s Office will decide on that, and according to everything, there is already a lot of evidence,” said Marić.

As a reminder, the police received a report about the shooting shortly after 6 p.m. Patrol units and an investigation team were immediately sent to the field, and the area around the crime scene was blocked off for most of the evening. According to so far unofficial information, the suspect A. K. is known as a football referee from Mostar, one of the assistant referees in the First League of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. He is also the son of a former football player and coach of FC Velež, which is information that resonated strongly among sports circles in the city.

It is expected that the Prosecutor’s Office will make a decision on the qualification of the criminal offense in the coming days, while the investigation continues with the collection of additional evidence, witness statements and the results of expert examinations.

President of Assembly of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton Resigned
Millions of BAM of Damage after Stormy Weather in BiH
What happened with Suspect in the ‘Diploma Case’?
Establishment of Service Center for Children With Disabilities in Development and their Families
One Migrant injured in Fight in Blazuj Reception Center
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH in Turmoil as Large-Scale Energy Affair Unfolds
Next Article Ambassador Soreca: A Country aspiring to EU Membership cannot be the only one in Europe without a State Public Broadcaster
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Sarajevo Pride Returns as Organizers Invite Citizens to Decorate Balconies with Rainbow Colors
May 23, 2026
More than 200 Oldtimers in Mostar at one of the largest Gatherings of its kind in Europe
May 23, 2026
Wearing Jersey of BiH at the World Cup is a privilege that Generations Dream about
May 23, 2026
BiH FM at the GLOBSEC Forum: Preserve the Full Role of the OHR as a Key Factor in the Protection of the Constitutional Order
May 23, 2026
The Cost of Sour Grapes
May 23, 2026
GSS Prenj founds a Person who went Missing Four Days ago
May 23, 2026
EUFOR Chief of Staff Hosts Netherlands Marechaussee Deputy Commander
May 23, 2026
BiH Ministry of Defense and the BiH Armed Forces participate at the 66th international Military-Police Pilgrimage
May 23, 2026
Ambassador Arnaut spoke in the Bundestag about Cooperation, the Culture of Remembrance
May 23, 2026
Preparations for the World Cup begin: ‘Dragons’ gather in BiH’s Capital
May 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?