By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Potočari Memorial Center: Re-exhumation of buried Victims
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Potočari Memorial Center: Re-exhumation of buried Victims
OTHER NEWS

Potočari Memorial Center: Re-exhumation of buried Victims

Published: July 27, 2015
Share
SHARE

srebrenica2 (1)Re-exhumation of buried victims of the genocide, for the purpose of re-association of subsequently found skeletal remains of victims who have been buried is still ongoing in the Potočari Memorial Center.

It is yet another difficult feat for the families of the victims. Criminals worked methodically, trying to excavate bodies that they buried in primary graves, and re-burying them in the secondary and tertiary graves, to cover their crimes and not to allow the survivors to find the remains of their loved ones – said the associations of families of victims of the genocide.

All of this is very distressing to the families of the victims, because even 20 years since they went missing, body parts are being found and added to the remains and some remains will never be completed.

Re-exhumation of buried victims for the purpose of re-association of subsequently found skeletal remains began yesterday at the Potočari Memorial Center.

“It is planned to carry out re-exhumation of 109 victims in order to re-associate later found body parts, or to execute completion of the previously buried skeletal remains,” said spokeswoman of the Missing Persons Institute of BiH Lejla Čengić.

She said that re-exhumation, which will be managed by the State Prosecution, will take a longer period of time.

It will be monitored by representatives of the Prosecutor’s Office, police, forensic expert and representatives of the Missing Persons Institute of BiH.

The identity of recovered remains has been determined on the basis of DNA analysis.

“The Podrinje Identification Center (PIP) in Tuzla holds the remains of the skeleton of 830 victims that will re-exhumed and the later found and identified remains will be re-associated,” said Čengić.

(Source: Fena)

All Citizens will have Health Insurance in the next two Months in RS
EUFOR Patrol provided Roadside Assistance to Two Cars in One Day in Tuzla
Graduation Ceremony of 12th Generation of European Regional Master’s Degree Program in Democracy and Human Rights in South East Europe
EU Emergency Response Centre Helps bring Fire-fighting Jets to Tackle Forest Fires in Bosnia and Herzegovina
All Pupils and Students in Sarajevo will have the Right to free Public Transport
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Sarajevans at the Hungaroring: Emir cheers for McLaren, Kenan for Ferrari
Next Article Jablanica: Memorial Plaque for the fallen Croatian Defenders unveiled
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?