By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Spain drops Twelve Tons of Food to Gaza
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Spain drops Twelve Tons of Food to Gaza
WORLD NEWS

Spain drops Twelve Tons of Food to Gaza

Published: August 2, 2025
Share
SHARE

Spain said it had airlifted 12 tons of humanitarian aid to Gaza, where UN-backed experts warn that the Israeli blockade is causing widespread starvation.

Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares said the mission used 24 parachutes, each carrying 500 kilograms of food, providing aid to approximately 11,000 people.

“The inflicted hunger that the people of Gaza are suffering is a shame for all of humanity,” Albares said in a video message posted on social network X, along with footage of the aid being dumped. He added that Spain has additional aid ready to enter Gaza by land from Egypt.

Albares called on Israel to permanently open all land crossings so that humanitarian aid could enter in large quantities.

The Israeli military recently allowed foreign countries to conduct airlifts of aid to Gaza. However, such operations have previously resulted in aid packages falling on civilians, causing deaths, or falling into the sea, leaving desperate residents risking their lives trying to retrieve them. The method has often been criticized as ineffective compared to ground deliveries.

Last week, the World Food Programme (WFP) warned that a third of Gaza’s population had been without access to food for days due to the Israeli siege. According to its figures, one in four Palestinians in Gaza are facing famine-like conditions, and more than 100,000 women and children are suffering from acute malnutrition.

Israel has completely closed all border crossings since March 2, severely restricting access to humanitarian aid, further worsening the already dire conditions. The Palestinian Authority says at least 600 aid trucks are needed a day to meet the basic needs of Gaza’s 2.4 million residents.

Since 7 October 2023, Israel has been conducting a military offensive on Gaza, during which, according to local officials, more than 60,300 Palestinians have been killed. The bombing has caused widespread destruction and severe food shortages, bringing the territory to the brink of famine.

International pressure on Israel to allow unhindered humanitarian access is growing, as aid agencies warn of the catastrophic scale of the famine in Gaza.

The Film “Mother” opens the Orizzonti program at the 82nd Venice International Film Festival
At least 180 Journalists killed in Israeli Attacks across Gaza
Martin Luther King Jr, a misunderstood Icon of American History
Great News: BiH is finally on its way to Membership in Eurotransplant!
The Egyptian Pyramid Complex in Giza hosted 14.7 Million Tourists last Year
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article An Earthquake strikes Herzegovina
Next Article Ryanair Promotes Sarajevo in New Campaign: “Discover the Magic of Nature”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
First-Instance Verdict Delivered: “Karton revolucija” Activists Receive Judicial Warning
May 19, 2026
German Military Plane Will Fly Over BiH in the Coming Days: “Citizens Have No Reason for Panic”
May 19, 2026
CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?