By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Montenegrin PM apologized to the Citizens for His Summer Vacation in Saint Tropez
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The Montenegrin PM apologized to the Citizens for His Summer Vacation in Saint Tropez
WORLD NEWS

The Montenegrin PM apologized to the Citizens for His Summer Vacation in Saint Tropez

Published: August 21, 2024
Share
SHARE

Montenegrin Prime Minister Milojko Spajić apologized to the citizens of Montenegro for spending his summer in the elite French resort of Saint Tropez and announced that he went there at his own expense, not at the expense of the state.

At an extraordinary press conference in Podgorica, Spajić said that certain criminal circles, through social networks, are continuously campaigning against him and his team and assessed that this issue “should be the subject of the attention of the security services”.

The Montenegrin Prime Minister spoke out after a series of negative articles about his summer vacation in Saint Tropez, criticism of the relationship with important state bodies and the way state policy is conducted, and alleged connections with dubious owners of companies that trade crypto currencies.

Certain media previously published a series of negative texts, relying predominantly on posts on social networks, about Spajić’s stay in Saint Tropez.

They criticized his failure to attend the session of the Security and Defense Council, which was scheduled for August 20 by his former party colleague, now political rival, President Jakov Milatović, and linked it to his stay in the French Modena resort.

“I paid for the trip with my own money, the government plane was not used, that will be easy to see. “I did not spend a single cent of the national team while I was prime minister,” Spajić said.

He justified the gesture of apology in a populist way, stating that he was apologizing for spending four days on vacation in Saint Tropez “which many citizens cannot afford” and then continued by promising to work for a better standard of citizens.

The Prime Minister also referred to the allegations of his recent party colleague and Minister of Justice, Andrej Milović, who earlier today, ahead of Spajić’s announced press conference, made the claim that Spajić was connected to the convicted British billionaire George Kortel.

The authorities in Montenegro at one time linked an illegal crypto machine in Tivat with Kortel, and political opponents of PES claimed before last year’s elections that a rich Briton, former adviser to Nigel Farage, former British MP and ardent supporter of Brexit, was financing Spajic’s Europe Now Movement (PES). .

Spajić denied that he was financed by Cottrell and repeated that PES took out a loan to finance the election campaign.

“It is interesting that the former minister did not talk about these things while he was in the government,” Spajić added and called on the prosecution to check the accusations against him.

He also denied the allegations that he did not respond to the call for the Security Council session because he was going to France and said that due to “urgent obligations” he asked for other dates for the session. In this context, he mentioned the memory of his father and the probate process, and he also had a reason of a political nature, namely that, as he claims, the president of the state did not sign the decision on the appointment of the Army of Montenegro, which the Council should consider.

Spajić claimed that the target of the campaign is two criminal circles that are “behind some of the accounts on social networks, some influential Twitter users” who follow him and indirectly called on the security services to pay attention to it.

“It is an issue that should be the subject of the attention of the security services”, added the Montenegrin Prime Minister and clarified that the security issue is “if someone can take photos of politicians abroad”, and that “it is justified to think about whether they could do something else as well.”

He claims that these criminal circles support the former ruling party, the Democratic Party of Socialists (DPS), and at least one other political party, refusing to specify which.

Benjamin raised close to 1.600 BAM by selling Tea to help earthquake Victims in Turkey and Syria
“The Humanitarian Situation in Gaza is a moral Black Spot for all of us”
Michael Schumacher Becomes a Grandfather-Fans Eager to Know His Reaction
Germany and Turkey play for Gold at Eurobasket
Centre for Verification of Deactivated Firearms opens in Tuzla with OSCE Support
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Europe House to host numerous Activities in Partnership with Sarajevo Film Festival
Next Article Ambassador Sattler inaugurates newly reconstructed Basketball and Football Court in Banja Luka
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Free Electronic Signatures Again Available Through IDDEEA Amid Legal and Political Dispute
August 23, 2026
Wollner: I was Interested in the Way Grief And Guilt Contaminate Each Other
August 23, 2026
Hungarian Helicopters arrived at Camp Butmir to reinforce the Aviation Detachment
August 23, 2026
34 Years have passed since the Killing of Sarajevo Citizens in Halaci Street
August 23, 2026
French Military Vehicles arrive by Rail in Sarajevo for ‘Quick Response 2026’ Exercise
August 23, 2026
Most of the Foreign Workers in BiH from Bangladesh and Nepal
August 23, 2026
COS EUFOR welcomes Romanian Reserves Troops deployed for Quick Response 2026
August 23, 2026
Tuka wins the 400-meter Race in Italy
August 23, 2026
Ada Avdagic wins first Medal for BiH in Taekwondo at the Mediterranean Games
August 23, 2026
Exhibition “Scents of Bascarsija” Opens at Sarajevo’s Svrzo House
August 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?