By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The White House: Journalist mistakenly received classified Military Information
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The White House: Journalist mistakenly received classified Military Information
WORLD NEWS

The White House: Journalist mistakenly received classified Military Information

Published March 25, 2025
Share
©️The White House
SHARE

The White House confirmed Monday that The Atlantic magazine’s editor-in-chief was mistakenly included in a highly classified group conversation with a group of senior U.S. officials devoted to strikes against Yemen’s Houthis.

It is arguably considered one of the most serious security lapses in recent US military history.

“At this time, the series of messages cited in the article appear to be authentic, and we are investigating how the number was added in error,” National Security Council spokesman Brian Hughes said.

Earlier on Monday, journalist Jeffrey Goldberg revealed in a lengthy article that he received, via the Signal messaging app, a detailed plan for the March 15 attack by the US military against this rebel group in Yemen.

“Secretary of Defense Peter Hegseth sent me the plan” two hours before the strike began, including “precise data on weapons, targets and schedule,” writes Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of the prestigious magazine The Atlantic.

The journalist explains that it all began on March 11, when White House national security adviser Mike Waltz contacted him via the messaging app Signal, which is popular among journalists and political leaders for its supposed confidentiality.

Two days later, a message called for “coordination” of action against the Houthis followed, followed by several other messages.

Jeffrey Goldberg explains that a total of 18 people are participating in this group chat, including, according to him, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Vice President JD Vance, and CIA Director John Ratcliffe.

By March 15, he had seen a series of messages from top US government officials, including Pete Hegseth, dated March 15, detailing the imminent attacks.

The journalist said that until the first information about the real attacks came out, he had “strong doubts” about the credibility of this group.

He added that he “couldn’t believe that the president’s national security adviser would be so reckless as to include the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic” in such confidential discussions.

The Yemeni Houthis attacked a Norwegian-flagged Tanker Sailing towards Israel

Police arrest Suspect in Shooting of Three Palestinians in the US

America’s most wanted fugitive arrested in Italy

BiH Defense Minister: The Prosecutor’s Office should prosecute the Organizers of the unconstitutional RS Day

Becirovic: I want to firmly connect BiH with NATO and EU Members

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Israel to establish an Office for the voluntary Departure of Palestinians from the Gaza Strip
Next Article HR Schmidt meets with EUFOR Commander: Focus on Security and Stability
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

HR Schmidt thanked Cerny: It was a real pleasure to work with you
April 28, 2026
Debevec and Others – Trial again behind closed Doors
April 28, 2026
Education Union of Montenegro Ends Cooperation with “Vilina Vlas”
April 28, 2026
Increase of Prices of Products, Inflation in Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 28, 2026
Arkab and Konakovic Discuss Strengthening Algeria–Bosnia Energy Partnership
April 27, 2026
Turkish Airlines reduces Operations across Balkans
April 27, 2026
Performance Breakdown: Defense Industry Firms in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 27, 2026
Another failed HoP Session: Harsh Accusations of Political Blockade and Violation of the Rules of Procedure
April 27, 2026
Rich Program Celebrates 130th Anniversary of Sarajevo City Hall
April 27, 2026
Algeria and Bosnia Seek Stronger Partnership, Build on Shared Historical Ties
April 27, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?