By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: UN alarmed by Reports of ‘brutal crimes’ in Sudan
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > UN alarmed by Reports of ‘brutal crimes’ in Sudan
WORLD NEWS

UN alarmed by Reports of ‘brutal crimes’ in Sudan

Published October 28, 2024
Share
©️ UNHCR/Ala Kheir
SHARE

The top UN official in Sudan says she is deeply disturbed by reports of “brutal crimes” in the central state of Gezira, including mass killings of civilians by the paramilitary Rapid Support Force (RSF), the BBC reports.

Clementine Nkweta-Salami’s comments came after an activist group said the RSF had killed at least 124 people in attacks on villagers over the past week.

The RSF has denied targeting civilians, saying its fighters are clashing with militias armed by the army.

The 18-month conflict in Sudan has killed tens of thousands of people and displaced more than 11 million.

Gezira state turned into a major battleground last week after the RSF suffered a major blow when one of its commanders, Abu Aqla Kayka, defected to the army.

The military said he had brought “a large number of his forces” with him, in what it described as the first high-profile defection to its side.

In response, the RSF said that its fighters would defend themselves and “resolutely deal with all those who carry weapons.”

Nkweta-Salam, the UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Sudan, said preliminary reports suggested that the RSF carried out a major attack across the country between October 20 and 25.

She added that this led to mass murders, rape of women and girls, looting of markets and homes, and burning of farms.

OSCE calls for Adoption of the Draft Law on the Court of BiH

Oil prices waver narrowly amid OPEC speculation

Only One of the Three Iranian Nuclear Facilities was destroyed in the American Attacks

The Spanish Government will compensate Victims of Sexual Abuse in the Catholic Church

Confirmed Interest Rates In The U.S. Triggered The Strongest Opposition From Governors Since 1993

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The UN Security Council is discussing Israel’s Attack on Iran on Monday
Next Article Netanyahu: “The Attack on Iran was precise and powerful and achieved all its Goals”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Sayonara Sarabon: Sarajevo Factory from the Scent of Chocolate to Ruins
April 18, 2026
“Sarajevo Safari”: 100,000 BAM Reward for Shooting a Child, Casings Considered Trophies
April 18, 2026
What We Know About the Largest Energy Project in Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 18, 2026
Sarajevo International Guitar Festival celebrates its 15th Edition
April 18, 2026
Uncertain Future of the Granit Quarry in Jablanica: Sealing Delayed, Employees Concerned
April 18, 2026
Dodik: Croatia Abuses Border Control Mechanisms and Harasses Citizens
April 18, 2026
FBiH Government Delegation meets US Energy Secretary Wright on Southern Interconnection
April 18, 2026
HJCP President Says He Was Not Informed About Possible Suspension of Funding for External Experts
April 18, 2026
The CBBH Delegation holds a Series of Meetings with Representatives of the World’s Strongest Central Banks
April 18, 2026
Blanusa: “Opposition seeks Election Delay pending new Technologies”
April 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?