By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Vucic Tells Students “It’s Over” – Protesters Respond: “We Will Not Give Up”
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Vucic Tells Students “It’s Over” – Protesters Respond: “We Will Not Give Up”
WORLD NEWS

Vucic Tells Students “It’s Over” – Protesters Respond: “We Will Not Give Up”

Published: May 18, 2025
Share
SHARE

On Saturday, Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić announced at a rally of his supporters in Niš that the demands of the student movement were “finished”, while at the same time, from their protest in that city, the students announced that they would not remain silent or give up and reiterated their demand to call for extraordinary parliamentary elections.

Vučić told the students that he was no longer interested in their demands, and that extraordinary elections would be held when the “competent institutions” decide.

The student movement, born in the wake of the wave of protests due to the death of 16 people in the fall of the canopy at the Novi Sad railway station on November 1 last year, highlighted at the end of that month demands in which they demand political and criminal responsibility of the authorities and contractors for the tragedy in Novi Sad, the causes of which it sees in the corrupt practices of the authorities, reminds Hina news agency.

Students, along with the fight against corruption, demand the independent work of institutions without political influence and pressure, an orderly society and media freedom, and at the beginning of May they added the calling of extraordinary elections to their demands.

Vučić told them last night not to seek elections, judging that – when they are called – the ruling coalition would win even more convincingly than in the previous ones.

“The demands are over, Niš is a new free territory, so will the whole of Serbia,” Vučić said at the meeting, which he called a “national assembly” to which thousands of people were brought by buses to participate in the promotion of the Movement for the People and the State.

The foundation of the movement was initiated by Vučić with the intention of uniting political forces and social groups, and new rallies were announced throughout Serbia in order to depreciate student protests and belittle their actions, among which was the recent cycling “Tour to Strasbourg” and the student relay ultramarathon from Novi Sad to Brussels.

He assessed that the students were “seduced by social networks and their professors”, again calling the protests “a colored revolution”.

He told professors and the academic community, which supports students in the blockades and their demands, that “they will not receive a single dinar” until they start teaching.

Students, on the other hand, from a rally held in another square, a kilometer away from Vučić’s supporters, said that “truth and lies are being broken” in two squares in Niš.

“We will not remain silent, we demand responsibility, justice and truth. We want elections to free institutions and for them to fulfill our demands,” said the Niš students.

Azra Imamovic on Prison in Zambia: “We weren’t allowed to cry, there were a lot of Cockroaches”
The Detainees’ Memories of Months of Torture in ”Manjaca” are indelible after three Decades
The Israeli Army launched an Attack on Rafah shortly after the ICJ ordered a halt to the military Offensive
Man who committed Massacre in the US found dead
Sarajevo Times and Green Home Construction Host Iftar Dinner for Diplomatic Corps in Sarajevo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy1
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Eurovision 2025: Austria’s JJ wins with ‘Wasted Love’
Next Article ‘Javorak Glade’ on Cvrsnica Mountain: A Rare Haven of Untouched Nature
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?