By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: What will happen after the U.S. Blacklist and Sanctions on BiH Politicians?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > What will happen after the U.S. Blacklist and Sanctions on BiH Politicians?
POLITICS

What will happen after the U.S. Blacklist and Sanctions on BiH Politicians?

Published: January 7, 2022
Share
SHARE


The United States of America (U.S.) has published the first names of sanctioned persons and companies in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) for crime, corruption, and attacks on the state. It is expected that the list will expand, but that many countries of the European Union (EU) will follow the procedure of the U.S. and, independently of the EU, will impose sanctions on Milorad Dodik and related natural and legal persons.

The EU Council will meet in mid-January and will not make any decision on sanctions at the union level. The reason is primarily the lack of consensus due to the previously known opposition of Hungary, but also some other countries that are not in favor of sanctions against Dodik and others. But, that does not mean that there will be no reaction from Europe this time.

According to the announcements, some of the key members should follow the U.S. and impose sanctions on the president of the SNSD, as well as related persons and companies.

Given that the U.S. has already harmonized the policy of sanctions with the EU, and especially with certain countries, it is likely that the blacklist for Dodik and others will expand in many European countries. The countries that, according to earlier messages and expectations, should follow the U.S.sanctions are Great Britain, and from the EU, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Austria, Spain, and the Czech Republic.

The Baltic states could also join the sanctions. Some members are neutral, and several are against it.

And unlike previous U.S. sanctions against Dodik, which were directed exclusively against him and related to the ban on travel to the U.S. and the blockade of property in that country, now the story is somewhat different. The sanctions are broader and apply to some related companies, which can have significant financial consequences.

German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock said earlier, and the other day further confirmed that the country will follow the U.S. in everything.

“Efforts to secede are unacceptable, and these demands mean that, so I have lobbied here to impose sanctions on the current regime and against Mr. Dodik,” German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock told reporters after meeting with EU colleagues in Brussels in mid-December.

Almost identical messages come from the Netherlands. The introduction of sanctions by some European countries, especially in the context of certain companies, could be a big blow to Dodik and his associates. This is especially related to the Austrian or German sanctions.

 

E.Dz.

Source: Klix.ba

 

How is Bosnia ranked on the List of most Democratic Countries?
Dodik comments on the Agreement of the Islamic Community with the State
Minister Ž.Cvijanović met with chiefs of Representative offices of RS abroad
Laws returned to the Drawers – the Stability of the State Coalition is shaken
Tegeltija: I do not understand why Dubrovnik Mayor is not looking forward to the Construction of the Airport
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article New Measures introduced in Canton Sarajevo
Next Article Covic: We are negotiating with the U.S. Administration on Changes to the Election Legislation
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?