By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Why the competent Institutions haven’t done anything about the Amber Alert in BiH?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Why the competent Institutions haven’t done anything about the Amber Alert in BiH?
POLITICS

Why the competent Institutions haven’t done anything about the Amber Alert in BiH?

Published: March 29, 2024
Share
SHARE

The search is still on for two-year-old Danka Ilic, who went missing on Tuesday in the settlement of Banjsko Polje near Bor in Serbia. Due to her disappearance, the “Find me” system was activated for the first time, based on the “Amber alert”. Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) also needs this system. Dobrica Kucalovic, advisor to the Minister of Security of BiH, Amela Efendic from EMMAUS, and the Federal Police Administrationinspector Sasa Petrovic, were asked why it hasn’t beenestablished yet.

Commenting on the case from Serbia, Petrovic pointed out that he is pessimistic about finding little Danka.

“Maybe I’m looking too darkly at all these things,” he said and clarified that, in his opinion, there are three things that can be suspected: Is it faked, did a child wander off, which is unlikely due to her age, and was it kidnapped?

Since the study visit to the United States (U.S.), nothing has been done

Efendic from EMMAUS thinks that in this case, an alert similar to the Amber alert was not activated in Serbia, so she explained how the Amber alert actually works.

“It was also activated late, several hours after the disappearance, which is not the case with the Amber alert. It is activated immediately after the disappearance. The Amber Alert itself works in a way that the police are the primary ones to initiate it and decide what information will be shared with the public so that everyone can participate in the search. Then they pass it on to an NGO and then to our Safer Internet Center, which does secondary alerting. The police are working to find the person,” explained Efendic.

A study visit to the U.S. by representatives of our country, where they were introduced to the Ambert Alert, was held in July 2023, and until today, nothing concrete has been done.

We are responsible for the safety of children

Kucalovic states that they sent letters to the police agencies, while the Federal Police Administration states that they did not receive them.

Interlocutors explained whether the institutions had done enough

“The police and security structure in BiH is complex, unlike in Serbia. Serbia also worked on it for six years. We returned in June last year from a study visit, and to implement this year, it is not too late. From an operational and technical point of view, it is simple, but from a legal point of view, it is a complex system. We waited for Europol, Frontex and we solved it all. We need everyone’s consensus, a lot of talks and meetings,” said the advisor to the Minister of Security of BiH, N1 writes.

E.Dz.

 

Dodik for TASS: I will not resign or leave the Republika Srpska
Chairperson of BiH Presidency left the UN Session during HR Schmidt Address
“Annual Security Review Days 2019” Conference taking Place in Sarajevo
Ambassador Kalabukhov: NATO is Russia’s Enemy and we must react to their Approaching to our Borders
OHR: Citizens of Mostar Urge Political Parties on Compromise
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The EU reaffirms commitment to enhance BiH judicial System
Next Article The Diaspora sent 3.79 Billion BAM in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
First-Instance Verdict Delivered: “Karton revolucija” Activists Receive Judicial Warning
May 19, 2026
German Military Plane Will Fly Over BiH in the Coming Days: “Citizens Have No Reason for Panic”
May 19, 2026
CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?