By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Zelensky Accepts Russian President’s Proposal to Resume Peace Negotiations
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Zelensky Accepts Russian President’s Proposal to Resume Peace Negotiations
WORLD NEWS

Zelensky Accepts Russian President’s Proposal to Resume Peace Negotiations

Published: May 11, 2025
Share
SHARE

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a post on the X platform that Ukraine accepts Russia’s proposal to resume peace talks in Istanbul.

He also said he expects Russia to declare a ceasefire starting Monday.

“We are waiting for a complete and permanent ceasefire, which starts tomorrow, to provide the necessary basis for diplomacy. There is no point in prolonging the killings. And I will wait for Putin in Turkey on Thursday. In person. I hope that this time the Russians will not look for excuses,” he said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin proposed direct talks with Ukraine on May 15 in Turkey that he said should be aimed at achieving lasting peace, an initiative welcomed by US President Donald Trump.

The Russian leader, who has so far offered few concessions on ending the conflict, said the talks in the Turkish city of Istanbul would be aimed at eliminating the root causes of the war and restoring “long-term, lasting peace”, not just a pause for rearmament, Reuters reported.

“We propose that Kiev resume direct talks without any preconditions,” Putin said from the Kremlin early this morning.

“We offer the Kiev authorities to resume negotiations as early as Thursday in Istanbul,” he added.

Putin said he would speak with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday about facilitating the talks, which he said could lead to a ceasefire.

“Our proposal, as they say, is on the table. The decision is now up to the Ukrainian authorities and their curators, who seem to be guided by their own political ambitions, not the interests of their people,” Putin said.

In a message on the social media platform, Trump hailed Putin’s proposal as a positive step towards ending the war.

“Potentially a great day for Russia and Ukraine!” Trump said.

“Think of the hundreds of thousands of lives that will be saved as this endless ‘bloodbath’ hopefully ends,” the US president said.

Putin’s proposal for talks with Ukraine came hours after European powers demanded in Kiev on Saturday that Putin agree to an unconditional 30-day ceasefire or face “massive” new sanctions.

In an unannounced Visit to Kiev, Stoltenberg promised new Weapons for Ukraine
Officials say Israel has notified the White House of Plans to evacuate Civilians
Bosnia and Herzegovina is without Cyber Protection
Average Salary in Croatia Exceeds €1,350
High Representative Christian Schmidt meets NATO Secretary General
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article German Foreign Minister: Gaza War Cannot Be Resolved Militarily
Next Article Europe Day Celebrated in Mostar, Highlighting Strong EU-BiH Relations
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Livno Mayor received the Ambassador of the Netherlands to BiH
May 21, 2026
Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?