By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Entrance Fee at the Trevi Fountain Comes Into Force Today
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Entrance Fee at the Trevi Fountain Comes Into Force Today
WORLD NEWS

Entrance Fee at the Trevi Fountain Comes Into Force Today

Published: February 3, 2026
Share
SHARE

Tourists in the Italian capital, Rome, will have to pay a two-euro entrance fee to get a closer look at the famous Trevi Fountain from today.

The new fee will apply from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends. The aim of the measure is to reduce the number of tourists and also to raise funds for the maintenance of one of Rome’s most famous monuments.

The fee applies only to visitors who want to descend the stone steps and approach the fountain’s basin, while the square around the Trevi Fountain will remain free and accessible to everyone.

According to the rules announced in December, residents of Rome, people with disabilities and their companions, as well as children under six years of age, are exempt from paying.

Many tourists from different parts of the world who have visited the fountain told Reuters that the new fee does not bother them, emphasizing that they expect it to help reduce crowds.

However, some visitors have expressed dissatisfaction with the decision. Francesco Noto from Sicily believes that visiting cultural monuments should be the right of everyone.

“But what can we do? Let’s pay and laugh,” he said.

According to data from the Roman authorities, more than 10 million people visited the Trevi Fountain between December 2024 and December 2025. That period mostly coincides with the celebration of the Catholic Holy Year, during which around 33.5 million pilgrims visited Rome.

In addition to the Trevi Fountain, five other Roman sights that were previously free now charge, including the Orangery at Villa Borghese and the Napoleonic Museum.

Civilians killed while waiting for Help in Gaza
BiH FM participated in the Transatlantic Summit on Gas Security in Washington
“Super Diamond”: Chinese Scientists Synthesize World’s Hardest Material
“Credit booms”—between buoyant economic Performance and the Danger of a Future Crisis
The Turkish Police detained 33 Suspects for Espionage for Israel
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article EUSR Soreca: The Collapse of BHRT would be a serious Step backwards for BiH
Next Article Covic Explains When HDZ’s Candidate for the BiH Presidency Will Be Revealed
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo Canton Invests Millions of BAM in the Renovation and Equipment of the Emergency Medical Services
May 18, 2026
Belgrade-Sarajevo Highway: Serbia is building, BiH is stalling in Political Disputes
May 18, 2026
BiH FM at the Meeting of the International Coalition to End Violence against Women and Girls
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?