By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Hasecic and Hartmann: Extradition of Susnjar is a Step towards Justice
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Hasecic and Hartmann: Extradition of Susnjar is a Step towards Justice
OTHER NEWS

Hasecic and Hartmann: Extradition of Susnjar is a Step towards Justice

Published: June 27, 2018
Share
SHARE

The Court in Paris reached a decision to extradite Radomir Šušnjar, accused of committing crimes in Višegrad in 1992, to the BiH judiciary. Bakira Hasečić, president of the Association Woman-Victim of War, was also present in the courtroom.

Hasečić was accompanied by Florence Hartmann, the former spokeswoman of The Hague Tribunal, who said that this is a step towards justice.

“This procedure has been going on for two years and I am happy that the French judge pronounced one such decision, unlike the French judge who read the acquitting verdict of Vojislav Šešelj. I believe this is also a piece of justice and an important thing, Hartmann said.

Hartmann said that France should not block this process because Šušnjar demands the BiH judiciary and being prosecuted in BiH.

Hasečić said that she also entered a verbal conflict with Šušnjar’s supporters in the courtroom.

“Although the process took longer, because he was arrested in 2014, he is finally going to be extradited. He has the right to appeal. However, I hope that this decision will remain on force and that BiH judiciary will prosecute him. This is one of extraordinary days,” Hasečić said.

Radomir Šušnjar is under investigation by the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH and accused of participating in a crime known as “the living pyre” in spring of 1992 in Višegrad. The living pyre took place when in mid-June 1992 around 60 civilians of Bosniak nationality, including women and children, were forcibly brought and closed in one house in Pionirska Street and then burnt alive. Only several victims survived the incineration.

On June 25th, France has extradited to Bosnia a former ethnic Serb soldier accused of taking part in the burning alive of more than 50 Muslim civilians during the country’s 1990s war.

Radomir Susnjar, 62, known also as ‘Lalco,’ was identified as living in France by an investigation by Bosnian prosecutors.

He was arrested in France in 2014 and released under court supervision before being arrested again earlier this month in Seine-Saint-Denis, a region north of Paris.

A Bosnian court charged him in 2017 with taking part in the incident in which members of Bosnian Serb military and paramilitary forces held Muslim civilians inside a house in Visegrad in eastern Bosnia, the statement said.

“The house was then set on fire, while Susnjar and others were shooting at it to prevent civilians from fleeing.”

Only a few people escaped with their lives. The victims included women, children and elderly people.

75,000 Euros worth Project: Great Alley in Sarajevo reconstructed
BiH is the only country in the Region that has not signed the US Declaration on Afghanistan
Srdjan Aleksic’s Father: Let’s stand up against War and People who don’t let us create a wonderful Life here
Trial to the former Prosecutor Diana Kajmakovic continues
For the first time after 30 Years, a Tribute was paid to Camp Prisoners
TAGGED:#BiH#france#radomirsusnjar#visegrad#war
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Marking of 26 Years since the Crime in Pionirska Street
Next Article Tourist Choice: In the nice, old Town of Visegrad
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?