By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Is the Middle East heading toward new Chaos
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Is the Middle East heading toward new Chaos
WORLD NEWS

Is the Middle East heading toward new Chaos

Published: January 28, 2025
Share
SHARE

Benjamin Netanyahu announced that Israeli troops will not comply with the Sunday deadline for withdrawal from southern Lebanon, putting the ceasefire with Hezbollah in jeopardy.

“The withdrawal process of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) is conditional on the deployment of the Lebanese army in southern Lebanon and the full and effective implementation of the agreement, while Hezbollah withdraws beyond the Litani River,” the statement said.

It stated that Israel considers the ceasefire “not yet fully implemented” and that the “gradual withdrawal process will continue, in full coordination with the United States (U.S.).”

While Israel accused Lebanon of not fulfilling its part of the agreement, particularly regarding the deployment of Lebanese armed forces south of the Litani River, about 35 kilometers north of the border, Lebanon also accused Israel of violating the ceasefire.

The decision to delay the withdrawal, made during a meeting of the Israeli government on Thursday evening, followed several weeks of briefings suggesting that Israel intends to remain in at least five outposts in Lebanon.

According to the agreed-upon ceasefire, which ended the war with Hezbollah in Lebanon, Israeli forces were supposed to complete their withdrawal within 60 days, by January 26th.

Israeli Ambassador to the U.S., Michael Herzog, explained the reasons in an interview last week, stating that the Lebanese army needs more time to deploy south of the Litani River, suggesting that the agreement is not set in stone.

“The agreement included a 60-day goal for the completion of the IDF’s withdrawal from southern Lebanon and for the Lebanese army to take its place, but it is not carved in stone and was formulated with a degree of flexibility. We are in discussions with the Trump administration about extending the time needed to allow the Lebanese army to fully deploy and fulfill its role under the agreement. These discussions are ongoing,” said Herzog.

Despite the request for a delay, it remained unclear whether the Trump administration had agreed to the request.

Israel’s reluctance to leave Lebanon comes during a difficult phase of the first stage of a fragile week-old truce in Gaza, with a large-scale Israeli operation underway in the occupied West Bank and a profound lack of clarity regarding Trump‘s Middle East policy plans, Klix.ba writes.

BiH FM in Helsinki: Finland confirms its support for BiH’s European Path
One in Two People in the UK will spend less than usual at Christmas
Sarajevo to Host High-Level Political and Military Talks at the End of September
Strong Storm in Austria: 190,000 lightning Strikes recorded in one Day
Around 14,000 undocumented Immigrants arrested since Trump took Office
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Georgina celebrates her 31st Birthday, Ronaldo dedicated an emotional Message to her
Next Article Interest among BiH Citizens for working in Germany is declining
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo Canton Invests Millions of BAM in the Renovation and Equipment of the Emergency Medical Services
May 18, 2026
Belgrade-Sarajevo Highway: Serbia is building, BiH is stalling in Political Disputes
May 18, 2026
BiH FM at the Meeting of the International Coalition to End Violence against Women and Girls
May 18, 2026
Deputy Chairperson of BiH CoM to pay an Official Visit to Azerbaijan
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?