By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Lukac: The return of Competencies will be a political Struggle without the Use of Force
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Lukac: The return of Competencies will be a political Struggle without the Use of Force
POLITICS

Lukac: The return of Competencies will be a political Struggle without the Use of Force

Published: November 21, 2021
Share
SHARE

Minister of Internal Affairs of Republika Srpska (RS), Dragan Lukac explained that in this entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) there is currently a struggle to return competencies, for which, as he said, there is resistance, but he emphasized that it will be a political struggle only.

“Any other option, such as the option of war and the use of force from any side, is out of the question. We will not discuss such options at all. I believe that all people in RS are fully convinced that the police belong to RS and that it is not only competence, but a much wider aspect when we talk about the security of our citizens, their property, and also the security of RS. If we were left without the Ministry of Internal Affairs, I think we would lose a lot more today,” said Minister Lukac.

Further, he noted that the Dayton Agreement signed on the same day when the RS Police celebrates its glory, gave the entities very broad powers which, he said, had been transferred under pressure from the High Representative (HR) and the international community.

“There were also some competencies that were transferred with the consent of the entities. Many of those competencies that were transferred to the level of BiH have not yielded results so far. They have not shown that we have progressed towards European Union (EU) accession. On the contrary, some have been reduced or simply not used and nobody has benefited from them. Maybe if they stayed at the entity level, we would havebetter results, “ Lukac added.

Also, he said that on several occasions there were direct threats to the member of the Presidency of BiH, Milorad Dodik, who, as he assessed, is threatened by those who do not agree with his intention to protect RS and Serbs.

Lukac told that the RS government had worked hard in past years to equip the Ministry of Internal Affairs, as well as to train all units, especially the Special Anti-Terrorist Unit.

He stressed that the Special Anti-Terrorist Unit is at a high level of training and equipment, that the training is conducted continuously, and that they have help from the Embassy of the United States (U.S.) in that process.

 

E.Dz.

Source: Klix.ba

 

 

Support Gathering for Donald Trump in East Sarajevo tonight
Is there any Benefit from the Meetings of the ruling Coalition at the State Level?
Former Member of the Presidency of the former Yugoslavia currently in Hospital
Reduction Of Air Pollution A Priority For The CS Government
Srebrenica Memorial Center does not accept Historical Revision funded by the Authorities in RS
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article VPT Rule, a Measure to return to normal Life or Human Rights Violation?
Next Article Kurt Bassuener: HR Schmidt cannot do much without the Support of the EU and the U.S.
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?