By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: South Africa submitted new Evidence to the UN Court that Israel is committing Genocide in Gaza
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > South Africa submitted new Evidence to the UN Court that Israel is committing Genocide in Gaza
WORLD NEWS

South Africa submitted new Evidence to the UN Court that Israel is committing Genocide in Gaza

Published: October 29, 2024
Share
SHARE

South Africa presented new evidence to the United Nations’ (UN) top court on Monday to back up accusations that Israel is committing genocide in the besieged Palestinian enclave of Gaza.

Cyril Ramaphosa, South Africa’s president, said the evidence showed Israel “violated the genocide convention by promoting the destruction of Palestinians living in Gaza, physically killing them with various destructive weapons and denying them access to humanitarian aid.”

He added that evidence shows that Israel’s actions are aimed at the physical destruction of Palestinians, as well as “ignoring and defying” several interim measures previously ordered by the International Court of Justice (ICJ).

Referring to evidence presented in over 750 pages of text, Ramaphosa said that Israel “uses starvation as a weapon of war and wants to achieve Israel’s goals such as depopulation of Gaza through mass killing and forced displacement of Palestinians.”

Ramaphoza said the presentation of evidence comes at a time when Israel is intensifying its killing of civilians in Gaza, adding that “Israel now appears intent on following a similar path of destruction in Lebanon.”

Israel should submit a response to the new evidence by July 28thnext year.

“The evidence will show that at the root of Israel’s genocidal acts lies a specific intent to commit genocide,” Ramaphosa said, calling on the global community to stop the disaster in Gaza.

South Africa filed a genocide claim against Israel at the Hague-based tribunal in late 2023, alleging that Israel, which has been bombing the Gaza Strip since last October, has failed to fulfill its obligations under the 1948 Genocide Convention.

Several countries, including Turkey, Nicaragua, Palestine, Spain, Mexico, Libya and Colombia, have joined the case, which began with public hearings in January.

In May, the tribunal ordered Israel to halt its offensive on the town of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip. It was the third time the 15-member judicial panel issued preliminary orders aimed at curbing the death toll and easing humanitarian suffering in the blockaded Gaza Strip, where nearly 43,000 Palestinians have been killed.

Stewardess Vesna Vulović, the only Survivor of JAT Plane Crash, passes away
The US says it is ‘deeply concerned about Reports of Civilian Casualties in Gaza’
119 Arrested, €50,000 in Fines Issued at Ultra Europe Festival
Head of the Islamic Community in BiH sends Message on the occasion of Eid Al-Adha
Israeli PM: There is no Place in Gaza that Israel will not reach
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article 155 Thousand Tourists visited the Federation of BiH in September
Next Article US Domestic Extremists a major Threat ahead of Elections, the Intelligence says
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

European Investigators Inspect Abuse of Irretrievable Funds for Bosnia and Herzegovina
August 23, 2026
BHRT To Seek Review of Sarajevo Court Judgment Ordering It to Pay RTRS 17 Million BAM
August 22, 2026
Ship built in 1913 emerged from the dried-up Sava River
August 22, 2026
Solomun Turned Sarajevo’s Eternal Flame Into a Giant Dance Floor
August 22, 2026
Ban on the Symbol of the Army of the Republic of BiH goes before the Constitutional Court
August 22, 2026
Active Fires at several Locations near Trebinje
August 22, 2026
International Day of Remembrance for Victims of Violence Based on Religion or Belief
August 22, 2026
Large Road Corridor is being launched, it will also pass through BiH
August 22, 2026
Cantonal Police confirms: Not a single Incident at more than 50 Public Gatherings
August 22, 2026
Who Is Lobbying for Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Interests?
August 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?