By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The 25th Anniversary of the Destruction of the Old Bridge to be marked in Mostar
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > The 25th Anniversary of the Destruction of the Old Bridge to be marked in Mostar
OTHER NEWS

The 25th Anniversary of the Destruction of the Old Bridge to be marked in Mostar

Published: November 9, 2018
Share
SHARE

The anniversary of the destruction of the Old Bridge will traditionally be marked today at the exact time when the recognizable arch of the Old Bridge crashed into Neretva River back in 1993.

The marking of the 24th anniversary of the destruction of the symbol of Mostar on the Old Bridge last year gathered all the generations of jumpers and champions, including Lorens Listo, Mirsad Deda Pasic, Emir Balic and Benaid Kalajdzic.

After 25 years, the tragic event in Mostar still represents a painful topic for all those who have seen the horrible scene and those who learned about it through the media.

The famous Mostar jumper Benaid Kalajdzic recalled that he had an interview on the Old Bridge just half an hour before the tragic event occurred and he even saw the first grenades.

He saw the grenades falling and said that it is a scene that he will never forget. He described the Old Bridge as an old man who was standing in one place for years without disturbing anyone and painfully suffered for two days of severe wounding until his final fall.

One of the best jumpers from the Old Bridge Mirsad Deda Pasic said that the Old Bridge has always been part of him and that the pain he felt when he saw his fall will never completely disappear.

The Old Bridge was the work of Turkish architect Hajrudin, who built it at the order of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent in the period between 1557 and 1566.

The reconstruction of the Old Bridge together with the preparations lasted for almost seven years, and the value of its construction amounted to a total of 13.5 million USD. The money for the construction was raised through the loan from the World Bank, as well as donations from Turkey, Italy, the Netherlands, and Croatia.

Historic Moment in Mostar; Two Contracts Signed
Two Mayors in BiH awarded with UN Special Award
Brammertz Meets With Prosecutors and Association of Victims in B&H
The Commissioner calls on BiH to improve assistance to Migrants
Sarajevo: The Second Roundabout under the Construction
TAGGED:#aniversary#BiH#mostar#OldBridge#war
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Boxmark Leather Company significantly expands its Production Capacities in Lukavac
Next Article Will Parties agree on the BiH Election Law soon?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?