By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Names of Persons linked to the fascist Regime should be removed from the Mostar Streets
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > The Names of Persons linked to the fascist Regime should be removed from the Mostar Streets
POLITICS

The Names of Persons linked to the fascist Regime should be removed from the Mostar Streets

Published: June 29, 2022
Share
SHARE

As previously announced, several ambassadors to our country and the High Representative have sent a letter requesting, among other things, changes to the disputed street names named after people associated with the fascist regime. This letter, but also the real need to change the name of the streets in Mostar, was discussed at yesterday’s session of the City Council of Mostar. The councilors have chosen a commission that should submit proposals for street changes within thirty days.

An idea to change the name of five disputed streets in Mostar is an old story. The names of the streets were changed immediately after the war. Although the former mayor, the deceased Ljubo Beslic, asked the Council to change them on two occasions, the then councilors of the SDA, SDP and the Party for BiH were against it. Yesterday, a commission has been re-formed to work on the changes. Council President Salem Maric said:

“I hope that the Commission, together with the councilors, will find proposals for changing the name of the street to everyone’s satisfaction and that we will adopt it at the next session.”

After the debate, Mayor Mario Kordic appealed to reason because, it seems, he says, the election campaign is starting. He explained that the changes in the name of streets have been talked about in recent months and that the goal is to reach a good solution. He also reminded of the European Resolution on the condemnation of totalitarian systems. Mario Kordic:

“We will have a lot of work to do on these topics in Mostar, but this act shows that we have the will and desire to resolve some things from the past for the benefit of the future and that we will open some other controversial topics.”

Namely, the opposition SDP demanded that an item be added to the agenda to change the names of the disputed street names, and they immediately proposed new ones. This was rejected, with some councilors saying their proposal was political. SDP councilor Arman Zalihic said putting their item on the street change agenda would mean that the HDZ truly wants it. He reiterated that the SDP Caucus is aware of the need to make comprehensive solutions and change the names of a number of streets.

Our Party councilor Irma Baralija reacted by saying that it was devastating that the discussion came after the letter from the ambassador and that they supported the work of the Commission. But, she believes that there should be councilors from all caucuses because everyone will be able to make proposals to change the name of the street.

The City Council also received information about the work on the monument to the civilian victims of the Mostar war, and one of the bitter topics was the budget rebalance.

The Negative Impact on Mental Health will be at its Peak after the Pandemic
Nemanja Bilbija signed for South Korea’s Gangwon
Russia “has no Way to help” the Serbs in the RS “who are having a hard Time”
Edin Dzeko fulfilled a Wish to Boy from Srebrenica (video)
BiH and the US sign a Plan on Military Cooperation
TAGGED:#BiH#fascist#mostar#news#politics
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love1
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH is one of the Topics of the NATO Summit in Madrid
Next Article How much will the Interest Rates grow in BiH?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Where is BiH 34 Years after its admission to the United Nations?
May 23, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with President of the Jewish Community in BiH
May 23, 2026
From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?