By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Three Convicts for the War Crimes were not found after the Sentencing
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Three Convicts for the War Crimes were not found after the Sentencing
POLITICS

Three Convicts for the War Crimes were not found after the Sentencing

Published: December 27, 2023
Share
SHARE

Three convicts for war crimes committed in Zecovi near Prijedor were not found at their residential addresses after the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) ordered their detention during the first-instance verdict.

The Court of BiH says that they received a report from the Court Police that on December 23rd this year, the accused Zoran Milunic was arrested and taken to the Vojkovici Institute for the Execution of Criminal Sanctions, Detention and Other Measures.

“While for the other defendants, the court received information that they were not found at their residential addresses,” the Court of BiH states.

In addition to Zoran Milunic, the Court ordered Dusan Milunic, Zoran Stojnic, and Ilija Zoric to be detained during the first-instance verdict on December 22nd, while Ljubisa Cetic was ordered to be restrained. As they stated, after passing the decision on custody, the Court issued an order for the arrest of the four accused and an order to the Border Police to stop them if any of them tried to cross the state border.

None of the accused attended the sentencing.

As the reason for the non-appearance of the defendants, their defense attorneys stated that they were not required to attend the sentencing. Savan Zec said that Dusan Milunic was a suspect in a new case and that his phone had been switched off since the recent call from the Prosecutor’s Office. Slobodan Peric said that his client Ljubisa Cetic was recently released from serving a 15-year prison sentence.

The Prosecutor’s Office of BiH pointed out that during the main trial and further proceedings, the Court of BiH was responsible for ensuring the presence of the accused and that it had previously canceled the custody of all the accused, which lasted from November 2014 to June 2016.

“After the conclusion of the main trial, the Court is the one who ex officio monitors the presence of the accused in the proceedings, and the Prosecution did not have any knowledge that would constitute reasons prescribed by law for proposing a detention measure at that stage of the proceedings,” added the Prosecution.

After almost nine years of trial, the Court of BiH sentenced Dusan Milunic to 12 years, Ilija Zoric to 20, Zoran Stojnic to eight, Zoran Milunic to 14, and Ljubisa Cetic to five years in prison for crimes against humanity due to persecution by murder, forced relocation and inhumane acts. With this verdict, Radovan Cetic, Zeljko Grbic, Bosko and Rade Grujicic, Uros Grujcic, and Rajko Gnjatovic were acquitted, Detektor writes.

E.Dz.

Cikotic talked with Egyptian Ambassador about Security Cooperation
Nevenka Tromp: Four possible Scenarios for Mladic’s Verdict
Karadzic wants the Provisional Release in RS?
Sarajevo Mayor attended a Traditional Prayer Breakfast hosted by the US President
Agreement Signed on Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters and Extradition Between B&H and Turkey
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Dodik announced his Plans for the coming Year
Next Article UN: Netanyahu’s so-called ‘Voluntary Migration’ plan is a Crime
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?