By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Tuzla in Talks with Mystery Airline to replace Wizz Air
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BH TOURISM > Tuzla in Talks with Mystery Airline to replace Wizz Air
BH TOURISM

Tuzla in Talks with Mystery Airline to replace Wizz Air

Published: August 6, 2023
Share
SHARE
The government of the Tuzla Canton, as well as Tuzla Airport, have entered into talks with an unnamed carrier over the potential launch of flights from the city to several destinations. Discussions with the airline took place earlier this week in Zagreb. The carrier in question has never served Bosnia and Herzegovina in the past.
“We have an agreement not to go public until we get official confirmation on everything that was discussed. We held the meeting, we expect a proposal for an agreement to be made, which will be followed by further steps. We are in talks with a serious company that has not previously flown from Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is interested in launching several destinations that we have not had in the past. Additionally, we are in talks with several carriers over flights from Istanbul, which is a major international hub”, Tuzla Airport’s management said.
The development comes after Wizz Air announced it was discontinuing eleven routes out of Tuzla and reallocating its two stationed aircraft to other basis from mid-September. The budget carrier will continue to maintain flights from four cities to Tuzla. Tuzla Airport’s management has said it is also in talks with Ryanair, which discontinued its flights to the city this June due to a row over a state-imposed tax. The agreement signed with Ryanair is still valid and they may restore operations to the city if issues over the tax payments are overcome. Furthermore, the airport notes it has received a Latter of Intent from Air Montenegro, which has expressed its interest in commencing services from the city.
Tuzla Airport handled 429.473 passengers during the January – July period. The figure represents an increase of 101% on last year and is up 26.8% on the previous record set during the same period in 2019. Tuzla Airport recently said it was surprised by Wizz Air’s decision to close its base in the city. “We are surprised by the latest information because we do not see any reason for such a decision.
Namely, this is a record year for Tuzla Airport in terms of the number of passengers handled, because we have served more than 400.000 travellers. Based on this, there is no economic reason for Wizz Air to close its base. They told us it is because of global economic factors. There was nothing we could do to change that”, it noted, Ex Yu Aviation news reports.
The Conference “Capital Cities as Generators of the Process of Development” to take place on Friday
Jumpers from BiH and the Region Today at the 458th Jumps from the Old Bridge
Sarajevo on UNESCO’s List of Creative Cities!
Arab Tourists explained why They Love BiH!
Great Increase: More than 100 000 Tourists visited BiH in April!
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Families of the murdered Inmates paid Tribute to their loved ones
Next Article A Man in Doboj was fined for Displaying the Flag of the Republic of BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Şerban: The Drama Has to Be Unaware of You, And You Need to Forget You Are in the Seat
August 20, 2026
Big Transfer: Ermedin Demirovic goes to Galatasaray for 20 Million Euros
August 20, 2026
Solomun returns to the Eternal Fire: Sarajevo ready for the great Music Spectacle
August 20, 2026
“Under Scrutiny” warns of the uneven Practice of Sanctioning the Abuse of Children for Political Purposes
August 20, 2026
Docu Press Corner: Personal Stories Between Reality and Memory
August 20, 2026
Lejla Njemcevic once again among the Top Ten Female Cyclists in the World
August 20, 2026
Wage Salaries in Bosnia and Herzegovina Quickly Wiped Out by Rising Prices
August 20, 2026
BiH Gets More Favorable Conditions for Electricity Export, Savings of up to 13 Million Euros Annually
August 20, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets with the Delegation of the Coordination of Basic Veterans’ Associations of FBiH
August 20, 2026
Donation from Austria: 45 new Electric Beds for the Cantonal Hospital in Bihac
August 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?